|The Ascension Island Newspaper
| Issue No. 2222
||Saturday 26 July 2014
|Home | March 2013|
Articles published in March 2013Select individual articles below or view all 40 articles on one page.
40 articles published
|Jan (42)||Feb (15)||Mar (29)|
|Apr (21)||May (25)||Jun (22)|
|Jan (38)||Feb (26)||Mar (40)|
|Apr (36)||May (56)||Jun (42)|
|Jul (7)||Aug (23)||Sep (27)|
|Oct (34)||Nov (23)||Dec (19)|
|Jan (52)||Feb (30)||Mar (61)|
|Apr (32)||May (47)||Jun (47)|
|Jul (35)||Aug (32)||Sep (3)|
|Oct (37)||Nov (57)||Dec (28)|
- 1: The Weather Report - Met Office - Ascension (Met Office) - 28.03.2013
- With the continued extreme wintry conditions experienced by the UK in this last week of March,
- 2: Ascension Heritage Society needs you - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 28.03.2013
- In last week’s Islander there was a list of possible questions for the people of Ascension. These are the questions that we want to ask you for our new exhibition on the “The People of Ascension”.
- 3: From The Editor - Nicola - Ascension (Letters) - 28.03.2013
- This weekend saw the seventh annual Earth Hour being celebrated all around the world, starting in Fiji, New Zealand and Australia.
- 4: CONSTITUTIONAL POLL - RESULTS - Ascension (Press Release) - 28.03.2013
- On Saturday 23 March 2013, a Poll was held on St Helena, on the question of a ChiefCouncillor, raised in the recent discussion paper ‘Improving Democracy and Accountability’.
- 5: FIRST EVER ASCENSION ISLAND FLAG TO FLY - Ascension (Government) - 28.03.2013
- His Excellency Mark Capes, Governor of St Helena, Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha, has warmly welcomed Royal approval of the design of the first ever flag of Ascension Island, saying:
- 6: Hash Trash - Hash 1454 - Ascension (Sport) - 28.03.2013
- The hashers gathered at the car park beyond the oil storage tanks at English Bay and were very pleased to see the return of some old hashers,
- 7: Hash Trash - Hash 1455 - Ascension (Sport) - 28.03.2013
- The quiet peacefulness of the Residence was shattered by the arrival of the hashing horde, His Honour, receiving advance warning
- 8: Island Council meets Peter Hayes - Ascension (Government) - 28.03.2013
- Members of the Ascension Island Council met Peter Hayes, the Director of Overseas Territories in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, on 21 March at The Residency while he was in transit to the Falklands.
- 9: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 28.03.2013
- During the week of 4th March staff attended training with other AIG Teams with Working at Heights and Fall Protection Equipment.
- 10: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 28.03.2013
- Last Sunday saw a good crowd at St. Mary’s for the start of Holy Week.
- 11: Red Nose Day - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 21.03.2013
- Red Nose Day
- 12: Editors Page - Carrie & Elaine - Ascension (Letters) - 21.03.2013
- Yes, RED NOSE DAY has come and gone……TWO BOATS SCHOOL are to be congratulated on their participation!!
- 13: Message from the Administrator - The Dangers of Ascension’s Swells and Currents - Ascension (Government) - 21.03.2013
- A very serious incident occurred on Wednesday 13 March at English Bay when a visitor to Ascension Island was swept away in difficult currents
- 14: Heritage - The People of Ascension Exhibition - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 21.03.2013
- 1. Please tell me when and why you came to Ascension.
- 15: Two Boats School - Red Nose Day - Ascension (Education) - 21.03.2013
- We have got news of the school’s fund-raising and other bits of news from another busy and exciting half term.
- 16: Boundary setting for children - Ascension (Government) - 21.03.2013
- As the social worker on Ascension Island, part of my role is to promote good parenting.
- 17: Ascension Island Conservation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 21.03.2013
- This is a chunky, powerful bird, 48cm long (about 100cm including the central tail feathers) and with wingspan 105cm.
- 18: From St Mary's Church - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 21.03.2013
- Bishop Richard is making a good recovery and will be on Ascension Island in April.
- 19: Ascenison Police Detachment - Ascension (Law and Order) - 21.03.2013
- On the afternoon of Sunday 31st March there will be a fund raising event for New Horizons and Ascension Youth at The Two Boats Club.
- 20: Met Office Ascension Island Base - The Met Office Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 21.03.2013
- Strong easterly winds at the beginning of the week brought some cold weather and snow to the UK.
Strong easterly winds at the beginning of the week brought some cold weather and snow to the UK.
- 21: The Weather Report - Met Office - Ascension (Met Office) - 14.03.2013
- I’ve always wanted to see the Northern lights, otherwise known as the Aurora borealis in the Arctic or the Aurora australis in the Antarctic.
- 22: Part time drivers for weekend Public Transport Service - Ascension (Government) - 14.03.2013
- The Ascension Island Government is keen to establish a light touch, low cost public transport service between Georgetown and Two Boats going via US Base and Travellers Hill,
- 23: Hash Trash - Hash 1453 - Ascension (Sport) - 14.03.2013
- The crowd that had formed at the Grazing Valley parking lot was starting to get restless when the hares showed up and informed everyone they were in the wrong place!
- 24: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 14.03.2013
- This species is a tiny (about 2cm in length); very pretty, bright blue fish. The Splendid Angelfish live in colonies of about a hundred.
- 25: CHICKEN RUN UNITS & VEHICLES - Ascension (Government) - 14.03.2013
- The Ascension Island Government would like to work with the community on clearing the area at the “Chicken Run” in Georgetown.
- 26: Cleaner / Catering Assistant Required - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 14.03.2013
- The Obsidian Hotel has a vacancy for a Cleaner / Catering Assistant to join our Staff.
- 27: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 14.03.2013
- Many thanks to all who helped make our Mothering Sunday service special.
The church was full; some having to sit outside.
- 28: From The Editor - Casey - Ascension (Letters) - 14.03.2013
- It is No Smoking Day tomorrow; in this week’s edition we have an article highlighting the brutal effects of smoking and the significant benefits if you stop.
- 29: Christening of Mitchell Lloyd Arms-Lawrence - Ascension (People) - 14.03.2013
- Christening of Mitchell Lloyd Arms-Lawrence
- 30: Islander Team 2013 - Ascension (People) - 07.03.2013
- The Islander team got together for their annual photo shoot last Friday. We are always looking for volunteers to help with editing, printing or collating, so why not get in touch and join the team!
- 31: Met Office Ascension Island Base - The Met Office Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 07.03.2013
- High pressure has dominated this past week bringing light winds and fog at times for much of the UK.
- 32: Hash Trash - Hash trash no: 1452 - Ascension (Sport) - 07.03.2013
- A small bunch of hashers gathered at the top of Command Hill. There was some confusion as the Hairy Pair had been seen driving in the right direction but had not materialised.
- 33: Ascension Police Detachment - Ascension (Letters) - 07.03.2013
- The next visit of the RMS will bring Mr Simon MARTIN back to the Island. Simon is the Southern Oceans Law Enforcement Advisor to the FCO.
- 34: Ascension Island smokers urged to ‘swap fags for swag’ on 30th national No Smoking Day - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 07.03.2013
- Smokers on Ascension Island are being encouraged to ‘swap fags for swag’and consider the financial benefits of quitting, this month on the 30th anniversary of No Smoking Day.
- 35: Overfishing with Reel Consequences - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 07.03.2013
- It’s no secret overfishing causes headaches for conservationists worldwide.
- 36: Two Boats School Yr 7 & 8 - World Book Day - Ascension (Education) - 07.03.2013
- World Book Day 2013 will be celebrated on 7th March. It was celebrated for the first time on 23 April 1995 but is now held annually on the first Thursday in March.
- 37: PLEASE SUPPORT THE FAMILY OF SIDONIO CRAIG BENJAMIN, AGE 20 YEARS OLD. - Ascension (People) - 07.03.2013
- Sidonio has been diagnosed with lung cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy in Capetown and is expected to remain there at least for 6 months in the first instance,
- 38: From St Mary's Church - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 07.03.2013
- Join us this Sunday for our MOTHERING SUNDAY SERVICE.
- 39: Administrators Notice - Linking up With Connecticut - Ascension (Government) - 07.03.2013
- Linking up With Connecticut
- 40: Administrators Message - Ascension Island Council Meeting - Ascension (Government) - 07.03.2013
- Ascension Island Council Meeting – 21 February