|The Ascension Island Newspaper
| Issue No. 2239
||Sunday 23 November 2014
|Home | December 2012|
Articles published in December 2012Select individual articles below or view all 28 articles on one page.
28 articles published
|Jan (42)||Feb (15)||Mar (29)|
|Apr (21)||May (25)||Jun (22)|
|Jul (26)||Aug (19)||Sep (23)|
|Oct (21)||Nov (8)|
|Jan (38)||Feb (26)||Mar (40)|
|Apr (36)||May (56)||Jun (42)|
|Jul (7)||Aug (23)||Sep (27)|
|Oct (34)||Nov (23)||Dec (19)|
|Jan (52)||Feb (30)||Mar (61)|
|Apr (32)||May (47)||Jun (47)|
|Jul (35)||Aug (32)||Sep (3)|
|Oct (37)||Nov (57)||Dec (28)|
- 1: The Weather Report - Met Office - Ascension (Met Office) - 20.12.2012
- In the UK one question every weather forecaster is guaranteed to be asked is “Will it be a white Christmas?”
- 2: 1000th DIVE FOR DARWIN PROJECT MANAGER - Ascension (Press Release) - 20.12.2012
- The Environmental Management Directorate's Darwin Project Manager, Dr Judith Brown, last week completed her 1000th dive in the sub-tropical Jude - 1000th Dive.
- 3: Christmas At Two Boats Club - Ascension (Internet News) - 20.12.2012
- On Sunday 9th December Members’ Children enjoyed the fun and goodies of the children’s party.
- 4: RELAUNCH OF THE DREAM MAKER - Ascension (Military) - 20.12.2012
- On Thursday 6th December 2012, one of the AIB Welfare Trawlers, ‘Dream Maker’, was lifted into the sea after over four months of work and commitment from a small group of staff at Ascension Island Base.
- 5: CHANGES TO THE IMMIGRATION ORDINANCE 2011 - Ascension (Press Release) - 20.12.2012
- The revised 2011 Immigration Ordinance has been in place for eleven months.
- 6: Editor's Comment - Nicola - Ascension (Letters) - 20.12.2012
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year, so we’re told. For all of us living on this wonderful island it’s a time to get together and enjoy the festivities.
- 7: MESSAGE FROM THE ISLANDER STAFF - Ascension (Internet News) - 20.12.2012
- MESSAGE FROM THE ISLANDER STAFF
- 8: GOVERNOR CAPE’S CHRISTMAS MESSAGE - Ascension (Government) - 20.12.2012
- As we prepare to celebrate the birth of Christ and as another year draws to an end, many people will pause to reflect on the events of the past year. I see it as a year of progress and adjustment.
- 9: Message from the Acting Administrator - Ascension (Government) - 20.12.2012
- As many of you know, the Administrator is away enjoying a well-earned holiday at the moment.
- 10: Hash Trash - Hash No: 1441 - Ascension (Sport) - 20.12.2012
- As the hashers gathered at the old small arms training facility on the Firing Range, the more experienced hashers were a little leery.
- 11: ST HELENA’S FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS - Ascension (Press Release) - 20.12.2012
- A Festival of Lights Parade organised by Pilling Primary School took place on Wednesday, 12 December
- 12: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 20.12.2012
- We have had a few busy weeks in Conservation.
Great news for the AIG RSPB Seabird Restoration Team, with finding out that the first returned endemic frigate bird nesting on the mainland of Ascension.
- 13: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 20.12.2012
- Our service of Nine Lessons and Carols takes place this Sunday at 10-30am.. The children will perform a short Nativity Play ;
- 14: Happy Christmas To All Ascension Residents! - Ascension (Internet News) - 20.12.2012
- Happy Christmas To All Ascension Residents!
- 15: ELVIS LEAVES HIS MARK - Ascension (Military) - 16.12.2012
- Before leaving the Island Sgt Les Elvis Forsyth donated a cheque to the Administrator and CAIB for £2150.
- 16: Councillor Leo Sworn In - Ascension (Government) - 16.12.2012
- After nearly a year and a half of being one member short, the Ascension Island Council was restored to full capacity of 5 members on Friday 23rd November, with the swearing in of Councillor Cyril Leo.
- 17: Post Office - Stamp Release - Ascension (Government) - 13.12.2012
- Stamp Release
- 18: Hash Trash - Hash No: 1439 - Ascension (Sport) - 13.12.2012
- A ragged band of hashers accumulated in the icy winds of the NASA site this week.
- 19: Turning On Of The Christmas Lights In Town Square - Ascension (Internet News) - 13.12.2012
- Turning On Of The Christmas Lights In Town Square
- 20: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 13.12.2012
- As was mentioned in last week’s article, Howard Mendel and Alan Gray have been training the conservation team in invertebrate collection around the island.
- 21: The Weather Report - Met Office - Ascension (Met Office) - 13.12.2012
- A mixture of cloud and sunshine. There were a few showers, but any heavier ones were again confined to Green mountain.
- 22: Public Transport Service - Ascension (Government) - 13.12.2012
- As you may be aware, adverts were published a few weeks ago with the aim of engaging part time drivers for a proposed Public Transport (Bus) Service.
- 23: Part Time Drivers Required for Public Transport Service - Ascension (Government) - 13.12.2012
- The Ascension Island Government is embarking on a Public Transport Service Pilot Scheme with a view to providing a permanent service should the Pilot Scheme prove successful.
- 24: Police Update - Ascension (Law and Order) - 13.12.2012
- It is customary for Police to reinforce the Road Safety Message about driving with alcohol and being over the limit at Christmas.
- 25: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 13.12.2012
- During mid-November to early December 2012 the Army Ornithological Society (AOS), came to the Island as part of their integrated population monitoring programme,
- 26: Hash Trash - Hash 1440 - Ascension (Sport) - 13.12.2012
- A small bunch of hashers gathered this week and the younger hashers were shocked that not only was there no hash but also no hare and no hash master.
- 27: SHAYLA ELLICK AWARDED UNIVERISTY PRIZE FOR HIGHEST MARKS - Ascension (People) - 13.12.2012
- St Helenian student, Shayla Ellick (of Cow Path), has graduated from the University of Hertfordshire with a 1st Class Honours Degree
- 28: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 13.12.2012
- There was a good showing of enthusiastic children attending the rehearsal on Sunday last.