|The Ascension Island Newspaper
| Issue No. 2257
||Tuesday 31 March 2015
|Home | October 2012|
Articles published in October 2012Select individual articles below or view all 37 articles on one page.
37 articles published
|Jan (15)||Feb (21)||Mar (5)|
|Jan (42)||Feb (15)||Mar (29)|
|Apr (21)||May (25)||Jun (22)|
|Jul (26)||Aug (19)||Sep (23)|
|Oct (21)||Nov (28)||Dec (10)|
|Jan (38)||Feb (26)||Mar (40)|
|Apr (36)||May (56)||Jun (42)|
|Jul (7)||Aug (23)||Sep (27)|
|Oct (34)||Nov (23)||Dec (19)|
- 1: Hash Trash - Hash no: 1433 - Ascension (Sport) - 18.10.2012
- A fearless but small bunch of hashers this week; some tired from spending the previous night camping on the beach, others from the sheer effort of reaching half term.
- 2: Notices from the Administrator - Ascension (Government) - 18.10.2012
- I will be travelling to the UK on 19 October and returning on 29 October
- 3: VACANCY - CLERICAL ASSISTANT – SHIPPING - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 18.10.2012
- The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a dynamic individual with excellent customer service and IT skills to fill a vacant position of Clerical Assistant – Shipping at the Ascension Island Travel Agency Office (AITA).
- 4: Ascension Island Conservation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 18.10.2012
- Ascension Island – a lonely piece of land in a seemingly borderless ocean turned out to be the centre of an oceanographic ‘collision’ which does not happen very often in featureless seas
- 5: From The Editor - Casey - Ascension (Letters) - 18.10.2012
- Hello Readers,
- 6: NEW ADDITION TO THE ST HELENA PUBLIC SOLICITOR’S OFFICE - Ascension (Press Release) - 18.10.2012
- The Public Solicitor’s Office is pleased to announce the welcome addition of Helen Scott a qualified Solicitor.
- 7: St. Mary’s Church - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 18.10.2012
- Last Sunday evening brought to a happy conclusion the series of DVD’s and discussions led by Dr. Bill which looked at relationships from a biblical perspective.
- 8: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 11.10.2012
- The Conservation Department is organising an Island-wide beach clean-up for Saturday 20th October from 10 am to noon.
- 9: Customer Services Assistants - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 11.10.2012
- NAAFI on the Falkland Islands has vacancies for Customer Services Assistants to work within their Retail and Leisure Establishments based at MPC.
- 10: AIG Vacancies - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 11.10.2012
- The Operations Directorate of the Ascension Island Government is the process of putting together a team to carry out external works,
- 11: Met Office - Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 11.10.2012
- Following on from last week’s article, during the notable storm which affected Ireland in early January 1839
- 12: VACANCY - TEACHING ASSISTANT - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 11.10.2012
- The Two Boats School is looking for a caring and committed person to join their team of Teaching Assistants.
- 13: Dew Pond Run 2012 - Ascension (Sport) - 11.10.2012
- Sunday 18th November Start 8.00am at Turtle Ponds Cost £5.00 – pay on the day
- 14: From The Editor - Penny & Clare - Ascension (Letters) - 11.10.2012
- Hello Readers, Hope you all having a good week; minus all the rain we have been having,
- 15: Hash Trash - Hash 1432 - Ascension (Sport) - 11.10.2012
- Hashers gathered with anticipation at the Governor’s Lodge on Cross Hill, hopeful that hash would be as easy as promised.
- 16: News From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 11.10.2012
- We have made a great start to the new academic year with all the new pupils and staff settling in very well.
- 17: Welcome Home Ben - Ascension (People) - 11.10.2012
- Family and friends welcome Ben safely home
- 18: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 11.10.2012
- Many thanks to all those who supported our Harvest Festival last Sunday. A very large box of donated foodstuffs will be sent to St. Helena for distribution among the elderly and needy.
- 19: MORE AIRBRIDGE SEATS FOR ST HELENA & ASCENSION ISLAND - Ascension (Internet News) - 04.10.2012
- The St Helena and Ascension Island Government are pleased to announce an increase in the number of Airbridge seats.
- 20: Notices From The Administrator - Ascension (Government) - 04.10.2012
- The St Helena and Ascension Island Government are pleased to announce an increase in the number of Airbridge seats between Ascension and Brize Norton available to sell to members of the public for flights
- 21: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 04.10.2012
- During the last few months we have been concentrating our efforts on boosting the number of plants in the nursery to prepare for the next stage of the project, which entails planting out a mix of endemic and native plants in two of the plots at each of the project areas.
- 22: From The Editor - Carrie & Elaine - Ascension (Letters) - 04.10.2012
- Hiya Readers, Some interesting articles this week!
- 23: Hash Flash - Hash Master gets lost on Hash! - Ascension (Sport) - 04.10.2012
- Hashers assembled at the Cable and Wireless Earth Station on Nasa Road. Concerns were raised as Tom Thumb was seen heading in the wrong direction through Two Boats with the beers.
- 24: Notices From The Administrator - Ascension (Government) - 04.10.2012
- I am deeply concerned about the recent removal of turf from the top of Green Mountain near the Breakneck Valley concrete water catchment area. I am also concerned about reports of the removal of plants and soil from other parts of Green Mountain.
- 25: Social Work Appointment - Ascension (Government) - 04.10.2012
- It is my pleasure to inform you that I have appointed Mrs Alison Blunt to the position of Social Work Adviser to the Administrator.
- 26: Tribute.......... - Ascension (Letters) - 04.10.2012
- Words alone cannot express the sadness felt at this time of Freddie's passing and our heartfelt Condolences go out to Yvette, Muriel and family.
- 27: 11th ‘Flipper’ Trophy Knockout Tournament – 2012 (Week3). - Ascension (Sport) - 04.10.2012
- The Final of the eleventh ‘Flipper’ Trophy Knockout Tournament saw the Two Boats Rowdies meet the Cool Runnings.
- 28: The ‘Flipper’ Trophy Tournament - Ascension (Sport) - 04.10.2012
- Cable & Wireless would like to congratulate the Winners and Runners-up of the eleventh ‘Flipper’ Trophy Tournament which took place on Saturday 22nd September 2012.
- 29: ZIGGY JOSHUA – A MESSAGE OF THANKS FROM HE THE GOVERNOR MARK CAPES - Ascension (Internet News) - 04.10.2012
- On Friday 21 September at around 11am young Ziggy Joshua aged three years went missing from the Hutt’s Gate area.
- 30: Pictures from Flipper Knockout Tournament - Ascension (Sport) - 04.10.2012
- Pictures from Flipper Knockout Tournament
- 31: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 04.10.2012
- We were sad to say our farewells to Diana Stroud and Robert Constantine last Monday. Robert was confirmed by Bishop Richard in 2011,
- 32: Hash Thrash - Hash No: 1431 - Ascension (Sport) - 04.10.2012
- Hashers were sceptical from the start of the hash, knowing that it probably had the lowest average age for the hares of any hash in history.
- 33: Ascension Island Conservation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 04.10.2012
- Seeing Ascension Island for the first time, bathed in sunshine and surrounded by bright white beaches, was incredible,
- 34: THE USE OF STARLICIDE TO CONTROL COMMON MYNAS ON ASCENSION ISLAND - Ascension (Government) - 04.10.2012
- Common Mynas were introduced to Ascension in the late 19th century, apparently to control insects.
- 35: Senior Teacher Secondary - Two Boats School - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 04.10.2012
- The Ascension Island Government is looking for a new Senior Teacher (Secondary), with the ability to teach a range of subjects.
- 36: Dew Pond Run - Sponsored By Ascension Island Scouts - Ascension (Sport) - 04.10.2012
- Sunday 18th November !!, Start 8.00am at Turtle Ponds
- 37: St Mary's Church - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 04.10.2012
- OUR HARVEST FESTIVAL IS THIS SUNDAY AT 10-30am..