|The Ascension Island Newspaper
| Issue No. 2279
||Saturday 29 August 2015
|Home | August 2012|
Articles published in August 2012Select individual articles below or view all 32 articles on one page.
32 articles published
|Jan (15)||Feb (21)||Mar (19)|
|Apr (31)||May (24)||Jun (32)|
|Jul (28)||Aug (4)|
|Jan (42)||Feb (15)||Mar (29)|
|Apr (21)||May (25)||Jun (22)|
|Jul (26)||Aug (19)||Sep (23)|
|Oct (21)||Nov (28)||Dec (10)|
|Jan (38)||Feb (26)||Mar (40)|
|Apr (36)||May (56)||Jun (42)|
|Jul (7)||Aug (23)||Sep (27)|
|Oct (34)||Nov (23)||Dec (19)|
- 1: Hash Thrash - Hash No: 1426 - Ascension (Sport) - 30.08.2012
- As the crowd grew in the parking lot of the Two Boats club, between the returning holiday crowd and newcomers, Herr Taff admitted he probably should have set a different hash.
- 2: Darwin Dive Project Expedition - Ascension (Conservation) - 30.08.2012
- Divers from the Darwin Project carrying out an assessment on Ascension’s marine biodiversity.
- 3: ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING! - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 30.08.2012
- Or has he? Rumour has it he put in a stunning performance on Thursday, 23 August at the NAAFI.
- 4: THANK YOU - Ascension (People) - 30.08.2012
- To all our friends, A huge thank-you to everyone who helped to make the wedding of Ajay and Lisa such a massive success last Saturday.
- 5: Editor’s Comment - Nicola - Ascension (Letters) - 30.08.2012
- Hello Readers, I hope that you’re all recovered from a rather wet and windy bank holiday!
- 6: Exam Success for Ascension Island Students - Ascension (Education) - 30.08.2012
- Well Done Year 11!
- 7: WHAT IS COPD? - FROM THE HOSPITAL - Ascension (Education) - 30.08.2012
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is comprised primarily of 3 related conditions
- 8: From The Editors - Elaine - Ascension (Letters) - 23.08.2012
- Hello Readers, Yes, it is just me this week!
- 9: Hash Thrash - Hash No: 1425 - Ascension (Sport) - 23.08.2012
- Meeting on Long Beach down by the Saint’s Club beach house, the hashers familiar with this week’s hare wondered where we were going today?
- 10: Congratulations - Ascension (People) - 23.08.2012
- On Saturday, 18 August 2012, Lisa Roberts and Ajay Bailey
were married at St Mary’s Church, Georgetown.
- 11: Ascension Island Conservation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 23.08.2012
- It has been another great week for explorers. Wednesday 8th August, we learned about the Invasive Plant Species and did a beach clean up on Long beach.
- 12: From St Mary's Church - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 23.08.2012
- Many thanks to all at St. Mary’s who ensured the smooth running of the church services during my recent holiday
- 13: Ascension Island Conservation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 23.08.2012
- Last week was our final Ascension Explorers event for the winter holidays this year.
- 14: From The Editors - Louise - Ascension (Letters) - 16.08.2012
- Hello Readers, Another week gone and soon the summer holidays will be over!
- 15: Hash Thrash - Hash No: 1424 - Ascension (Sport) - 16.08.2012
- This weeks venture into the wilderness that was suppose to start from the American Windmills
- 16: FIVE STUDENTS DEPARTING FOR UNIVERSITY - Ascension (Education) - 16.08.2012
- Leaving before the end of August and bound for the UK are five former students of Prince Andrew School.
- 17: Notice from the Administrator - Ascension (Government) - 16.08.2012
- Paul Cook, AIG’s Director of Resources, will depart Ascension Island on Friday 17 August, accompanied by his wife, Lorna Cook JP, and daughter, Kitty.
- 18: Golf Open 2012 - Ascension (Sport) - 16.08.2012
- George “Dover” Thomas emerged victorious last weekend at the One Boat Golf Club
when he clinched his first Open title at this year’s Ascension Golf Open competition.
- 19: AU REVOIR THE COOK FAMILY - Ascension (People) - 16.08.2012
- The Cook family would like to thank all our friends for a fantastic “splashdown” on Saturday night/Sunday morning!!
- 20: Marin Biodiversity Survey for Ascension Island - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 09.08.2012
- In August, 2012, over twenty scientists and amateur naturalists will descend on Ascension Island.
- 21: From The Editor - Casey - Ascension (Letters) - 09.08.2012
- Hello Readers, As the Olympics nears to its closing we can say that London 2012 did not disappoint….
- 22: Hash Thrash - Hash No: 1422 - Ascension (Sport) - 09.08.2012
- This week’s hash started from the Pines turnoff on the NASA road.
- 23: Hash Thrash - Hash No: 1423 - Ascension (Sport) - 09.08.2012
- First I would like to clarify some confusion with our faithful readers.
- 24: Ascension Island Conservation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 09.08.2012
- Our second week in with the Explorers.
- 25: Notice from the Administrator - Ascension (Government) - 09.08.2012
- The following press release was issued by the Government of St Helena on Monday 6 August.
- 26: New Coat Of Arms For Ascension Island - Ascension (Government) - 09.08.2012
- I am pleased to announce that Her Majesty The Queen has graciously approved a first set of Arms for Ascension Island.
- 27: Interserve Defence - Job Vacancys - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 09.08.2012
- Interserve requires the services of a Stores Chargehand to work at the Travellers Hill office and a Fuels Operative to work at the petroleum storage depots.
- 28: Notices from the Administrator - Ascension (Government) - 09.08.2012
- The Island Council has been considering a draft ordinance to update employment law on Ascension.
- 29: The Weather Report - Met Office - Ascension (Met Office) - 02.08.2012
- Until a few weeks ago, the weather in most parts of the UK this summer has been unusually cool and very wet.
- 30: From The Editor - Penny & Clare - Ascension (Letters) - 02.08.2012
- Hello Readers, How time flies, we’re back in the saddle again.
- 31: Ascension Explorers Visits Mars Bay - Ascension (Conservation) - 02.08.2012
- Last week we started our first Ascension Explorers activities for 2012. We took the children to Mars Bay to learn about the Sooty Tern seabirds.
- 32: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 02.08.2012
- In view of the fact that we are having a Family on Sunday, we though it appropriate to share this short article with you .