|The Ascension Island Newspaper
| Issue No. 2257
||Monday 30 March 2015
|Home | June 2012|
Articles published in June 2012Select individual articles below or view all 47 articles on one page.
47 articles published
|Jan (15)||Feb (21)||Mar (5)|
|Jan (42)||Feb (15)||Mar (29)|
|Apr (21)||May (25)||Jun (22)|
|Jul (26)||Aug (19)||Sep (23)|
|Oct (21)||Nov (28)||Dec (10)|
|Jan (38)||Feb (26)||Mar (40)|
|Apr (36)||May (56)||Jun (42)|
|Jul (7)||Aug (23)||Sep (27)|
|Oct (34)||Nov (23)||Dec (19)|
- 1: Hash Thrash -Hash No: 1417 - Ascension (Sport) - 28.06.2012
- A midday hash for three eager hashers started. We all hoped that more people turned up for Simply Indiscreet's last hash but just the three came.
- 2: 1st Ascension Island Beavers - Ascension (People) - 28.06.2012
- The 1st Ascension Beavers would like to thank CSR Firefighters
- 3: Job Vacancy - Cleaner - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 28.06.2012
- The Ascension Island Government has a vacancy for a Cleaner within their Facilities Management.
- 4: Job Vacancy - Plant Operators & General Operatives - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 28.06.2012
- The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts:
- 5: Job Vacancy - Postal Office Assistant - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 28.06.2012
- A position of Postal Office Assistant is immediately available with the Ascension Island Government’s Post Office.
- 6: Help & Hope Sponsored Run/Walk - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 28.06.2012
- Start time: All Entrants must be at the Two Boats Club by 08:00 hours to register in time for the start time of 08:30 hours
- 7: Ascension Island Conversation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 28.06.2012
- A farm report from1878 stated that Cricket Valley was ‘overgrown with wild tomatoes’.
- 8: From The Editor - Casey - Ascension (Letters) - 28.06.2012
- Hello Readers
- 9: Ascension Islands' Home Made Beacon - Ascension (People) - 28.06.2012
- We the public of Ascension Island would like to give extreme credit to David ‘Skipper’ Lawrence for the construction of the island’s ‘homemade’ Jubilee Beacon.
- 10: St Mary's Church - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 28.06.2012
- There are many things we cannot comprehend by our brains, though we try several times a day, it won't help you figure things out the way you want it.
- 11: The Weather Report - Met Office - Ascension (Met Office) - 21.06.2012
- Have you ever seen the wingtips of an aeroplane glowing and wondered what it is?
- 12: Letters To The Editor - Ascension (Letters) - 21.06.2012
- I was disagreeably surprised to read in the Islander of 3rd May 2012 some propaganda for atheism.
- 13: Vacancy: DIRECTOR OF RESOURCES - Ascension (Government) - 21.06.2012
- Salary £50k pa + a generous benefits package which includes a food allowance, the provision of rent free housing, a utilities allowance, medical, dental and personal use of a vehicle.
- 14: Charlie's Taxi - Ascension (Letters) - 21.06.2012
- CHARLIE’S TAXIS BRIZE NORTON
- 15: 1ST ASCENSION GIRL GUIDES OCTANT CERTIFICATE - Ascension (Internet News) - 21.06.2012
- At the Queen’s Birthday Party on a sunny afternoon at the Residency H.H. The Administrator Mr. Colin Wells presented 5 Girl Guides with their Octant Awards.
- 16: Hash Trash - Hash 1416 - Ascension (Sport) - 21.06.2012
- It was an early start this week, too early for some and for those with a hangover; it would never be late enough.
- 17: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 21.06.2012
- On the 8th June 2012, Martin Longden, Deputy of the Overseas Territories in the FCO, met with the AIG Conservation Team.
- 18: NEW JUSTICE OF THE PEACE APPOINTED - Ascension (Government) - 21.06.2012
- On Tuesday 19th June 2012 at the Administrator’s Office in Georgetown, a new Justice of the Peace was sworn in.
- 19: Police Update - Ascension (Law and Order) - 21.06.2012
- I am pleased to welcomes three new Police Officers to our Detachment, Sergeant Darren Baldwin, Constable Martin Sutcliffe and Special Constable Lucinda Corney.
- 20: Football Results - Ascension (Sport) - 21.06.2012
- District Football Results
- 21: Ascension Scouts Awarded Chief Scout Gold Award - Ascension (People) - 21.06.2012
- The Chief Scout Gold Award, is the highest award a scout can gain in the Scout Troop.
- 22: Councillors Neil Lawrence and Tara Thomas Attends The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant & Jubilee Concert - Ascension (Government) - 14.06.2012
- On Sunday, 3 June over 1,000 vessels participated in a flotilla on the Thames from Battersea to Tower Bridge.
- 23: Job Vacancy - Fire Fighter/Life Operator - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 14.06.2012
- Ascension Island Government Job Vacancy for a Fire Fighter/Lifeboat Operator
- 24: Ascension Island Conservation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 14.06.2012
- Ascension Day Fair 2012 was such another well organised event to start of the Jubilee Celebrations!
- 25: A successful Light up Float Parade marks the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations on Ascension Island. - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 14.06.2012
- On Monday 4th June, Two Boats School took the lead in organising a Light up Float Parade to mark the celebrations of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
- 26: Hash Thrash - Hash No: 1415 - Ascension (Sport) - 14.06.2012
- On English bay, the group assembled to be told it was a 3 hour and 3 circle check hash, therefore hazards would be ‘the dark’ and the usual loose rocks and landslides!
- 27: St. Mary’s Church - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 14.06.2012
- Last week Bishop Richard Fenwick and his wife Jane visited Ascension Island on their return to St. Helena.
- 28: 'Help & Hope' Sponsored Run - Ascension (Sport) - 14.06.2012
- Start time: All Entrants must be at the Two Boats Club by 08:00 hours to register in time for the start time of 08:30 hours.
- 29: NODDY LAWRENCE FISHING COMPETITION - Ascension (People) - 14.06.2012
- On Sunday, 5 June, the fishing competition held in the memory of the late David “Noddy” Lawrence started off at the pier head at 7am when all entrants were required to sign up by.
- 30: FOOTBALL RESULTS - Ascension (Sport) - 14.06.2012
- Island Football - Football Results - 10 June 2012
- 31: The Weather Report - Met Office - Ascension (Met Office) - 07.06.2012
- Ascension: Mainly dry conditions were experienced at the beginning of the week,
- 32: ADF RAFFLE Draw 2012 – Winners - Ascension (Internet News) - 07.06.2012
- ADF RAFFLE Draw 2012 – Winners
- 33: VACANCY – CARPENTER - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 07.06.2012
- The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a suitably experienced and able person to fill a position of Carpenter.
- 34: VACANCIES – E.U. FUNDED ROADS PROJECT PLANT OPERATORS - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 07.06.2012
- The Ascension Island Government is still seeking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to carry out the European Union funded EDF Roads Project.
- 35: VACANCY – MECHANICAL FITTER - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 07.06.2012
- The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced and versatile person to fill a position of Mechanical Fitter.
- 36: Vacancies for Conservation Field Workers (Green Mountain National Park, Ascension Island) - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 07.06.2012
- The Ascension Island Government (AIG) requires two Fieldworkers to work with their Conservation Team.
- 37: From The Editor - Nicola - Ascension (Letters) - 07.06.2012
- Hello, What a week of excitement it has been! All around Britain and the Commonwealth, the Diamond Jubilee of HM the Queen was celebrated with much joy.
- 38: Georgetown Bakery - Ascension (Government) - 07.06.2012
- Are you interested in running your own bakery business on Ascension Island?
- 39: HAPPY SILVER ANNIVERSARY - Ascension (People) - 07.06.2012
- TO A VERY SPECIAL MUM & DAD
- 40: Hash Trash - Hash 1413 - Ascension (Sport) - 07.06.2012
- It was good to meet at Drunk’s Hideaway this week and find it all cleaned up, swept out and restored.
- 41: Hash Trash - Hash 1414 - Ascension (Sport) - 07.06.2012
- A weary, sun bleached, burnt and rather smart looking group exchanged secret looks at the ADF on Saturday afternoon.
- 42: Football Results - Ascension (Sport) - 07.06.2012
- Football Results for weekend 27th/28th May
- 43: Birthday Wishes - Ascension (People) - 07.06.2012
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A VERY SPECIAL NEPHEW, JAYLEN LEWIS BEARD.
- 44: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 07.06.2012
- I went over to the UK with members of the Conservation Team, Jolene Sim, Liza White and Catherine Supple for training at the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew.
- 45: World-wide celebrations as the Overseas Territories Honour the Queen - Ascension (Internet News) - 07.06.2012
- This weekend, the UK’s Overseas Territories, like many other countries around the world, will be marking the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee by lighting Beacons
- 46: Diamond Jubilee - Ascension (Internet News) - 07.06.2012
- CELEBRATING 60 YEARS ON THE THRONE!
- 47: St Marys Church - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 07.06.2012
- On behalf of St. Mary’s P.C.C., and the ADF Committee, I am writing to thank everyone for their magnificent support of the ADF Fair and the Royal Diamond Jubilee Service.