|The Ascension Island Newspaper
| Issue No. 2227
||Saturday 30 August 2014
|Home | March 2012|
Articles published in March 2012Select individual articles below or view all 61 articles on one page.
61 articles published
|Jan (42)||Feb (15)||Mar (29)|
|Apr (21)||May (25)||Jun (22)|
|Jul (26)||Aug (16)|
|Jan (38)||Feb (26)||Mar (40)|
|Apr (36)||May (56)||Jun (42)|
|Jul (7)||Aug (23)||Sep (27)|
|Oct (34)||Nov (23)||Dec (19)|
|Jan (52)||Feb (30)||Mar (61)|
|Apr (32)||May (47)||Jun (47)|
|Jul (35)||Aug (32)||Sep (3)|
|Oct (37)||Nov (57)||Dec (28)|
- 1: The Weather Report - Met Office - Ascension (Met Office) - 29.03.2012
- Ascension A mostly dry week with a fair amount of sunshine, slightly cooler than average for this time of the year.
- 2: Public Notice - Acting Administrator - Ascension (Government) - 29.03.2012
- The Administrator will be absent from Ascension Island during the following dates:
- 3: VACANCIES - Ascension (Government) - 29.03.2012
- The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
- 4: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 29.03.2012
- Donkeys were evidently imported at about the time of human settlement. The records for 1679 state:
- 5: From The Editor - Penny & Clare - Ascension (Letters) - 29.03.2012
- Hello Readers, It’s that time and we’re back in the saddle again!
- 6: Birthday Greetings - Ascension (People) - 29.03.2012
- HAPPY ‘LUCKY’ BIRTHDAY
- 7: Hash Trash - Hash No:1404 - Ascension (Sport) - 29.03.2012
- The Red Lion was the place to be this Saturday afternoon – if you wanted to be chased up hill and down valley,
- 8: Ascension Does Sports Relief - Ascension (Sport) - 29.03.2012
- At 8am on Sunday 25th March, a group of enthusiastic fund-raisers gathered in Georgetown, to participate in a sponsored 1 mile walk/run, in aid of Sport Relief 2012.
- 9: I walked a mile - By Clare Grey - Ascension (People) - 29.03.2012
- There is sadness in this world, That we don’t always get to see
- 10: Running a mile for Sport Relief - Ascension (Sport) - 29.03.2012
- Those who attended the assembly at Two Boats School last week were inspired by Kelly’s story.
- 11: NOTICE OF BY-ELECTION - Ascension (Government) - 29.03.2012
- Following the resignation of an Island Councillor in 2011, and the subsequent failure to fill the vacant position in October 2011,
- 12: Football Results and Fixtures - Ascension (Sport) - 29.03.2012
- Football Results
- 13: News From St Marys - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 29.03.2012
- This coming Sunday is Palm Sunday and the beginning of Holy Week. There will be a Family Eucharist in St. Mary’s
- 14: Hash Thrash - Hash No: 1402 - Ascension (Sport) - 21.03.2012
- Again, the mountain is an appealing place to walk and explore during these hot (but rainy) spells.
- 15: Hash Thrash - Hash No: 1403 - Ascension (Sport) - 21.03.2012
- This week’s hash started at a random point along the NASA road overlooking the Sugar Cubes.
- 16: On Women in Religious Society by Lorna Cook - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 21.03.2012
- "Men are above the women, because Allah has given the one part superiority above the other."Islam/Koran – Surah 4
- 17: Ascension Island Conservation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 21.03.2012
- There are over 400 species in the genus Acalypha. They are evergreen shrubs and sub shrubs from warmer countries around the world.
- 18: Two Boats School: Consultancy Visit - Ascension (Education) - 21.03.2012
- Everyone associated with the school will know that we hosted a visit by Ian Newton of the Independent Schools Inspectorate during the week
- 19: DIAMOND JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS 2012 - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 21.03.2012
- Plans for the bank holiday weekend…….
- 20: From The Editor - Kitty - Ascension (Letters) - 21.03.2012
- Hello Readers, Don’t forget that the clocks will go forward an hour in the UK at 2am on Sunday, 25 March.
- 21: PUBLIC NOTICE - Ascension (Government) - 21.03.2012
- The Ascension Island Government wishes to dispose of the following items by public tender: -
- 22: From St Mary's Church - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 21.03.2012
- Many thanks to the children of Two Boats School, the teachers, and mums
- 23: Two Boats School - Year 11 - Ascension (Education) - 21.03.2012
- Road Accidentson Ascension
- 24: Met Office Ascension Island Base - The Met Office Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 21.03.2012
- UK - A settled start to the week with a few fog problems becoming more unsettled towards the end of the week and the weekend with a few showers.
- 25: FOOTBALL 2012 - RESULTS & FIXTURES - Ascension (Sport) - 21.03.2012
- FOOTBALL RESULTS & FIXTURES
- 26: The Weather Report - Met Office - Ascension (Met Office) - 15.03.2012
- Ascension: The week started mainly dry and sunny but a band of heavy showers moved across the island throughout much of Tuesday
- 27: Assistant to the Administrator (Entry Permits) - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 15.03.2012
- The Administrator of Ascension Island is seeking a talented and driven individual to work within his small team to administer and constantly improve the Island’s Entry Control procedures.
- 28: Birthday Greetings - Ascension (People) - 15.03.2012
- Happy Birthday to our special grandsons Jaiden and Cohen Roberts
- 29: From The Editor - Nicola - Ascension (Letters) - 15.03.2012
- Hello Readers, We seem to have a rather slim paper this week; can it really have been as quiet as it seems?
- 30: Messages To The Islander - Ascension (Letters) - 15.03.2012
- First let me say thank you for the Ascension Islander Newspaper which is emailed to me regularly! It helps me feel connected in a small way to my daughter who is working there.
- 31: The Island Council - Ascension (Government) - 15.03.2012
- The Island Council met on Friday 9 March and agreed three keys items of business.
- 32: News From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 15.03.2012
- I am very pleased to give you my first report as Headteacher at Two Boats School. It has been an amazing four weeks and I am trying to learn all about the school and Ascension Island as quickly as I can.
- 33: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 15.03.2012
- Many people get confused between the two as they are both crustaceans but only ‘true’ lobsters live in marine environments, where as crayfish live in freshwater.
- 34: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 15.03.2012
- Many thanks to Mrs Birkett at Two Boats School who ,with the agreement of our Conservation Dept.,
- 35: Diamond Jubilee Commonwealth Day - Ascension (Internet News) - 15.03.2012
- In what is a special year for her as she celebrates her Diamond Jubilee, HM Queen Elizabeth II joined the 54 countries from around the Commonwealth to celebrate Commonwealth Day 2012.
- 36: Miscellaneous - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 08.03.2012
- Lots of things to think about in this issue!!
- 37: Hash Thrash - Hash No: 1401 - Ascension (Sport) - 08.03.2012
- The mountain promised a cooler starting point for this week’s hash.
- 38: Planning Notice - Ascension (Government) - 08.03.2012
- The Director of Operations has received the following planning application:
- 39: ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT - Vacancy - Driver/General Operative - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 08.03.2012
- Two Boats School has a vacancy for a Driver/General Operative to start as soon as possible.
- 40: Ascension Island Government - Vacancy - Fire Fighter/Lifebout Operator - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 08.03.2012
- A position of Fire Fighter/Lifeboat Operator has become available with the Fire & Sea Rescue Service of the Ascension Island Government.
- 41: ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT - Vacancy – Green Mountain Keeper & Driver to the Administrator and Governor - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 08.03.2012
- The Ascension Island Government has a vacancy for a Green Mountain Keeper and Driver to the Administrator and Governor.
- 42: Ascension Island Government - Vacancy - Phamacy Assistant - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 08.03.2012
- A position of Pharmacy Assistant has become available at the Georgetown Hospital. We are seeking to recruit a suitably experienced and qualified person to fill this position
- 43: On being a Vegetarian by Lorna Cook - Ascension (Miscellaneous) - 08.03.2012
- How many times in my life when I have announced the fact that I am vegetarian, have I heard it stated accusingly “but you must eat fish”,
- 44: From the Editors - Carrie and Elaine - Ascension (Letters) - 08.03.2012
- Hello Readers
- 45: Ascension Island Conservation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 08.03.2012
- Last week the conservation team undertook training with Dr Alan Gray from the University of Edinburgh, Centre of Ecology and Hydrology.
- 46: From St Mary's Church - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 08.03.2012
- Three very large boxes of toys were sent out on the last ship to St. Helena for distribution by the Salvation Army to children on the island.
- 47: ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT - Vacancy For Jubilee Co-Ordinator - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 08.03.2012
- The Administrator of Ascension Island is seeking to recruit a motivated, results orientated individual
- 48: Planning Notice - Ascension (Government) - 01.03.2012
- The Director of Operations has received the following planning application:
- 49: The Weather Report - Met Office - Ascension (Met Office) - 01.03.2012
- Ascension: Mainly dry with only a few very light showers.
- 50: VACANCIES FOR TEACHING ASSISTANTS, FULL- AND PART-TIME - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 01.03.2012
- The Two Boats School is looking for caring and committed people to join our team of Teaching Assistants.
- 51: Public Notice - Ascension (Government) - 01.03.2012
- Owning a dog is a big responsibility and it is every owner’s duty to clean up after their dog in a public place.
- 52: Charlie's Taxi - Ascension (Internet News) - 01.03.2012
- BRIZE NORTON CARS AND 8 SEATER LUXURY MINI BUSES
- 53: From The Editor - Mike & Louise - Ascension (Letters) - 01.03.2012
- Hello Readers, This week has been sad one so far for farewells
- 54: Hash Trash - Hash 1400 - Ascension (Sport) - 01.03.2012
- One may have been forgiven for thinking they were in Vegas at the weekend as an swagger of Elvis’ assembled ‘ah ha’ ing on patio 13.
- 55: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 01.03.2012
- Since our last turtle update for The Islander in January we have been busy monitoring our radio- and satellite-tagged turtles, and counting the number of tracks on all of the Island’s beaches.
- 56: Democracy or Dictatorship – The Other Side of the Coin - Ascension (Government) - 01.03.2012
- Cyril Leo’s article in the Islander of 16 February (Issue 2086) titled “Democracy or Dictatorship” reflected a personal view on governance issues in Ascension Island.
- 57: Press Release - SUPPORT FOR EDUCATION AFTER THE AGE OF 16 - Ascension (Government) - 01.03.2012
- The Island Council met on 23rd February 2012 and discussed support for education after the age of 16.
- 58: PUBLIC NOTICE - ELIGIBILITY TO BE REGISTERED AS AN ELECTOR - Ascension (Government) - 01.03.2012
- Section 9 of the Island Government (Ascension) Ordinance stipulates that:
- 59: PUBLIC NOTICE - CLAIM TO BE REGISTERED AS AN ELECTOR - Ascension (Government) - 01.03.2012
- In accordance with the Regulation 5 of the Registration of Electors Regulations, 2008, a Provisional Register of Electors will be published on the 1 March 2012.
- 60: A Huge Thank-you to the People of Ascension - Ascension (Letters) - 01.03.2012
- This is the thank you I gave at the wonderful reception held last Friday evening. It says it all so I’ll say it again!
- 61: Farewell Wilson - Ascension (People) - 01.03.2012
- A fond farewell to Wilson who has lived here on the Island for 46 years