|The Ascension Island Newspaper
| Issue No. 2164
||Wednesday 19 June 2013
|Home | November 2011|
Articles published in November 2011Select individual articles below or view all 38 articles on one page.
38 articles published
|Jan (38)||Feb (26)||Mar (40)|
|Apr (36)||May (56)||Jun (22)|
|Jan (52)||Feb (30)||Mar (61)|
|Apr (32)||May (47)||Jun (47)|
|Jul (35)||Aug (32)||Sep (3)|
|Oct (37)||Nov (57)||Dec (28)|
|Jan (35)||Feb (58)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (42)||May (46)||Jun (57)|
|Jul (44)||Aug (38)||Sep (53)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (38)||Dec (47)|
- 1: Met Office - Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 24.11.2011
- A mostly cloudy week this week with a few showers, particularly over Green Mountain.
- 2: From The Editor - Casey & Ricco - Ascension (Letters) - 24.11.2011
- Dear Readers, Firstly I would like to congratulate Mashay on achieving her “First Class Honours Degree”, yet another Saint Helenian to make us proud
- 3: News From The Grotto -Thought For The Week - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 24.11.2011
- This past week, as we prepare to enter the season of Advent, the season of new beginnings, I had to say good-bye to a very good friend, Gene Austin.
- 4: Heritage Notes - Ascension (Internet News) - 24.11.2011
- As Christmas approaches, and you’re looking for gift ideas, be sure to drop by the Fort Hayes Museum and have a look at our merchandise
- 5: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 24.11.2011
- I am from the east coast of the UK and have studied plant conservation for several years, achieving a BSc in Plant Biology and an MSc in Botanical Conservation.
- 6: Dew Pond Run 2011 - Sponsored by Ascension Island Scouts - Ascension (Internet News) - 24.11.2011
- 50 Runners and Walkers lined up at 8.00am for the start of this years Dew Pond run on a cool but bright Sunday morning.
- 7: CONGRATULATIONS!!! MASHAY CONSTANTINE-YON - Ascension (People) - 24.11.2011
- For the past three years Mashay, the daughter of Barry and Freda Yon has been studying towards a BUSINESS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEGREE COURSE at the UNIVERSITY of GLOUCESTERSHIRE.
- 8: Lyn Leo Wins 2011 Open Championship - Ascension (Sport) - 24.11.2011
- Lyn Leo Wins 2011 Open Championship
- 9: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 24.11.2011
- Bishop Richard Fenwick will arrive today,Wed.Nov.23rd..There are ten adult Confirmation candidates who will be confirmed at the Eucharist on Sunday at 10-30a.m..
- 10: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 17.11.2011
- We would like to welcome Liza White to the Conservation Team, she joined us last week as the new Field Project Officer on the OTEP funded project.
- 11: From The Editors - Kitty - Ascension (Letters) - 17.11.2011
- Dear Readers, We have lots of good news in this week’s edition.
- 12: Thank You From The Scouts - Ascension (Letters) - 17.11.2011
- A VERY BIG THANKYOU From The 1st Ascension Scouts
- 13: Fire Prevention Week - Ascension (Education) - 17.11.2011
- Fire Prevention Week has deep seeded roots within the United States and is celebrated annually every October.
- 14: News From The Grotto -Thought For The Week - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 17.11.2011
- It is so appropriate that the second reading is from the first letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians
- 15: Hash Trash - Hash No:1385 - Ascension (Sport) - 17.11.2011
- Hash needed to be town based this week due to the following bonfire celebrations.
- 16: New Police Constable for Ascension Police Dept - Ascension (Law and Order) - 17.11.2011
- Last week the Ascension Police Detachment welcomed PC Mike Durnford and his family to Ascension.
- 17: Airport to be built on St Helena - Ascension (Internet News) - 17.11.2011
- On 22 July 2010, the Secretary of State for International Development, Andrew Mitchell, confirmed DFID’s willingness to finance an airport for St Helena on condition that:
- 18: News From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 17.11.2011
- You may be wondering why we are a week late on Halloween? We’re not abandoning our forward looking policy!
- 19: The Met Office Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 17.11.2011
- Statistics for the week ending Monday 14-Nov-11
- 20: Director (Air Access ), St. Helena Government - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 17.11.2011
- A self-governing overseas territory of the United Kingdom, St Helena is an island of 47 square miles and around 4,000 people in the South Atlantic.
- 21: From The Editors - Carrie & Elaine - Ascension (Letters) - 17.11.2011
- Dear Readers, Another week down ….Xmas will soon be upon us…………………….
- 22: Thanks & Farewell to Gene - Ascension (Internet News) - 17.11.2011
- We sadly have to say good-bye to one of our most dedicated Society members.
- 23: News From The Grotto -Thought For The Week Remembrance Sunday - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 17.11.2011
- This week we celebrated Remembrance Day, or Veteran’s Day as it is called in the United States.
- 24: Hash Trash - Hash No:1386 - Ascension (Sport) - 17.11.2011
- Patio thirteen has been prepared for this week’s hash, Bloodsucker had promised quite a trawl across the grounds but when it came down to setting the hash
- 25: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 17.11.2011
- The Shell Ginger, Alpinia speciosa syn Aphinia zerumbet syn Alphionia nutans, was introduced to Ascension in the earlier years to help prevent soil erosion of the mountain.
- 26: APPOINTMENT OF ACTING ADMINISTRATOR - Ascension (Government) - 17.11.2011
- His Honour the Administrator will be leaving the Island on Friday 18 November 2011 to attend an Overseas Territories Consultative Council meeting
- 27: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 17.11.2011
- The Ascension Island Service of Remembrance took place on Sunday,13th.Nov at St. Mary’s Church.
- 28: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 17.11.2011
- Many thanks to all whose hard work and enthusiasm enabled a memorable Remembrance service to be kept on Sunday last
- 29: The Met Office Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 03.11.2011
- Long before Dorothy & Toto and the ‘Wizard of Oz’ came on the scene, it was noted by some that chickens would lose all their plumage if they were ever caught up in a tornado.
- 30: ASSISTANT CHEF - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 03.11.2011
- Sodexo on Ascension Island has a vacancy for an ASSISTANT CHEF
- 31: VACANCY - TEMPORARY CLERICAL ASSISTANT - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 03.11.2011
- The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a temporary Clerical Assistant for a period of approximately eight weeks to work in the Shipping Office in Georgetown.
- 32: FIRE SAFETY COMPETITION - Ascension (Government) - 03.11.2011
- Leading up to this year’s ‘Fire Prevention Week’ activities, the children of Twoboats School, from all age groups, were asked to participate in the event by way of designing a poster and/or writing an essay
- 33: News From The Grotto -Thought For The Week - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 03.11.2011
- On Saturday, Gene and I went on a hike, rather more of an adventure that to me pretty well summed up everything about life.
- 34: Hash Trash - Hash No:1384 - Ascension (Sport) - 03.11.2011
- When Sniffy said he was planning a quick and easy hash, most people thought he was kidding (and must have been put off coming).
- 35: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 03.11.2011
- We would like to say thank you and good bye to Kayshai Reynolds, who has been with us for a few month training along side our team.
- 36: THANK YOU AND FAREWELL - Ascension (Letters) - 03.11.2011
- It has been a special privilege to be back on Ascension, after three and a half years, and join our family and friends in commemorating the 10th ‘Flipper’ Football Tournament
- 37: TWO BOATS CLUB CHILDREN’S HALLOWEEN PARTY - Ascension (Internet News) - 03.11.2011
- Dressing up, taking part, having fun and lots to eat and drink was what the Two Boats Club Children’s Halloween Party was all about on Sunday 30 October.
- 38: From the Editor - Penny - Ascension (Letters) - 03.11.2011
- Dear Readers It is with great sadness and deep regret that we learned on Monday of the sudden unexpected loss of a beloved islander, Pat Williams (Constantine),