|The Ascension Island Newspaper
| Issue No. 2161
||Saturday 25 May 2013
|Home | March 2011|
Articles published in March 2011Select individual articles below or view all 39 articles on one page.
39 articles published
|Jan (38)||Feb (26)||Mar (40)|
|Apr (36)||May (36)|
|Jan (52)||Feb (30)||Mar (61)|
|Apr (32)||May (47)||Jun (47)|
|Jul (35)||Aug (32)||Sep (3)|
|Oct (37)||Nov (57)||Dec (28)|
|Jan (35)||Feb (58)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (42)||May (46)||Jun (57)|
|Jul (44)||Aug (38)||Sep (53)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (38)||Dec (47)|
- 1: Ascension Island Conservation - Ascension (Conservation) - 24.03.2011
- Report from Frithjof C. Küpper, Scottish Association for Marine Science, Oban
- 2: Update On Fish Kills on Ascension - Ascension (Conservation) - 24.03.2011
- The first fish kills on Ascension were initially reported to Tara Pelembe, who now works for JNCC (Joint Nature Conservation Committee).
- 3: News From The Grotto - 20 March 2011 - 2nd Sunday of Lent - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 24.03.2011
- This past week, we lost a dear friend and colleague on the US Base. Rebecca Sue Wilson passed away on March 14, at home in Rockledge, Florida, surrounded by her family.
- 4: Hash Trash … Hash No: 1351 - Ascension (Sport) - 24.03.2011
- Another Baggage Boy and Man Beater hash……hmmm….what’s on the agenda for this week?
- 5: News from Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 24.03.2011
- Ascension Island Book Week got off to a great start with an assembly to showcase those children who had dressed up as book characters.
- 6: Congratulations Wilson 70 Today - Ascension (People) - 24.03.2011
- Wilson – wishing you a very Happy 70th Birthday for the 23rd
- 7: From The Editors (Amanda) - Ascension (Letters) - 24.03.2011
- Hello Readers, We hope that you will enjoy what we have compiled this week. Lots to read about.
- 8: Met Office Ascension Island Base - The Met Office Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 24.03.2011
- One or two very weak weather front during the week, with high pressure and settled weather developing over last weekend.
- 9: The Met Office Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 17.03.2011
- It was a largely dry start to the week, with a ridge of high pressure to the east bringing settled weather to much of the UK.
- 10: Sodexo Vacancies - Assistant Chef and Cleaning Supervisor - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 17.03.2011
- “Sodexo on Ascension Island has vacancies for the following posts:
- 11: News From The Grotto -Thought For The Week - Ascension (Sport) - 17.03.2011
- This is the first Sunday of Lent. Lent is a time of reflection, a time to think about our lives, where we are heading,
- 12: Hash Trash - Hash No: 1350 - Ascension (Sport) - 17.03.2011
- Hashers met at Bullocks Pond car park, we passed through here last week but a ‘different’ hash had been promised!
- 13: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 17.03.2011
- Sooty Terns which are also known as Wideawakes, breed on Ascension about every 9 to 10 months.
- 14: Public Notice - New Harbour Crane for Ascension Island - Ascension (Government) - 17.03.2011
- Arguably our harbour crane is the most significant piece of equipment on the Island and it is getting close to the end of its useful life.
- 15: From The Editor - Casey - Ascension (Letters) - 17.03.2011
- Hello Readers Happy Birthday to Jaiden and Cohen Roberts, hope you both have a nice day!
- 16: Birthday Greetings to Jaiden & Cohen - Ascension (People) - 17.03.2011
- Happy Birthday to our special little boy Jaiden Lee
- 17: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 17.03.2011
- The annual vestry meeting of St. Mary’s Parish was held during morning service last Sunday, 13 March 2011.
- 18: Girl Guides - Krazy Kamp - Ascension (Internet News) - 17.03.2011
- On Friday 3rd March the Guides attended Krazy Camp. I along with my group members set of at 4:30pm to pitch our tent at our crazy location.
- 19: Thank You From David & Linda Moyce - Ascension (Letters) - 17.03.2011
- As you all may recall back in February 2010 after our return to Ascension Island from vacation in St Helena, I returned back to my employment with Ascension Island Government (AIG)
- 20: Ascension Island Conservation Department - Ascension (Conservation) - 10.03.2011
- The turtle nesting season is about to reach its peak and over the next couple of weeks we will be working with Jacqui Ellick monitoring all beaches around the coast of Ascension.
- 21: News From The Grotto - Thought For The Week - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 10.03.2011
- This past week I’ve had a few lessons in perseverance. This weekend, the hash was a long and mostly uphill route.
- 22: Hash Trash - Hash No: 1349 - Ascension (Sport) - 10.03.2011
- The soccer pitch at the bottom of Green Mountain was the starting point for the hash this week.
- 23: International Women's Day - Ascension (People) - 10.03.2011
- During the week of 8 March 2011, join Oxfam to celebrate women's achievements for International Women's Day.
- 24: News from Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 10.03.2011
- World Maths Day Roll of Honour and World Spelling Day Roll of Honour
- 25: Lizard Rock - Ascension (Letters) - 10.03.2011
- One of the many prominent features on Ascension Island is the sometimes garishly painted “Lizard Rock” which is on the side of the road near One Boat.
- 26: News From St Mary's - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 10.03.2011
- ANNUAL VESTRY MEETING will be held in St. Mary’s Church during divine service on Sunday 13th March 2011 at 10.30am for the following matters:
- 27: Cable & Wireless Services - Ascension (Letters) - 10.03.2011
- Interruptions to International Telecommunications During March 2011 - Due To Sun Interference
- 28: Met Office Ascension Island Base - The Met Office Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 10.03.2011
- High pressure dominated the UK weather patterns last week. This meant it was mostly dry and settled, but also that temperatures were cooler due to clearer skies overnight.
- 29: From The Editors - Kitty & Amanda - Ascension (Letters) - 10.03.2011
- Hello Readers,
- 30: The Met Office Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 03.03.2011
- There was plenty of weather fronts last week across the UK. These brought periods of cloud and rain most days to many areas.
- 31: From The Editors - Carrie & Elaine - Ascension (Letters) - 03.03.2011
- Hello Readers, Well I reckon this was the fastest produced Islander with a little mixed up with who’s editing well anyway all done now!
- 32: Thank You and Goodbye Ernie - Ascension (People) - 03.03.2011
- Just before Ernie left St Helenian Jimmy Young, who has been a friend of Ernie’s since the day he came to Ascension Island
- 33: News From The Grotto -Thought For The Week - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 03.03.2011
- As we continue the cleanup of the Grotto, we have discovered a few treasures.
- 34: Hash Trash - Hash No: 1348 - Ascension (Sport) - 03.03.2011
- Despite the rugby on the telly, a dedicated bunch of hounds turned up at the Comfortless Cove parking area to brave the heat and the smell to hash through the lava rocks! The on-on was rather thorough.
- 35: News From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 03.03.2011
- On Tuesday students from Two Boats School competed in the World Maths Day competition.
- 36: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 03.03.2011
- Year 9 pupils from Two Boats School visited the endemic plant nursery on Green Mountain last week with their teacher Mrs Wade.
- 37: General Election 2011 - Results Of Polling Day - Ascension (Government) - 03.03.2011
- The results of the General Election Polling Day held on Friday 25 February 2011 are as follows:
- 38: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 03.03.2011
- "One of God's main jobs is making people. He makes them to replace the ones that die, so there will be enough people to take care of things on earth.
- 39: Thinking Day - 2011 - Ascension (Internet News) - 03.03.2011
- The past month the 1st Ascension Girlguiding Unit has been very busy. We still attend Church Parade for our Family Service every 1st Sunday of the month.