|The Ascension Island Newspaper
| Issue No. 2164
||Wednesday 19 June 2013
|Home | August 2010|
Articles published in August 2010Select individual articles below or view all 40 articles on one page.
40 articles published
|Jan (38)||Feb (26)||Mar (40)|
|Apr (36)||May (56)||Jun (22)|
|Jan (52)||Feb (30)||Mar (61)|
|Apr (32)||May (47)||Jun (47)|
|Jul (35)||Aug (32)||Sep (3)|
|Oct (37)||Nov (57)||Dec (28)|
|Jan (35)||Feb (58)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (42)||May (46)||Jun (57)|
|Jul (44)||Aug (38)||Sep (53)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (38)||Dec (47)|
- 1: Met Office - Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 19.08.2010
- As many of our American friends are well aware, we are now in the middle of the North Atlantic hurricane season for 2010
- 2: VACANCY – ASSISTANT PLANT TEAM LEADER - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 19.08.2010
- A vacancy currently exists within the Ascension Island Government for an Assistant Plant Team Leader.
- 3: VACANCY – PLANT OPERATOR - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 19.08.2010
- The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a Plant Operator to work in the Plant Section of the Facilities Management Department.
- 4: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 19.08.2010
- Jesus said “Do you suppose that I am here to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.
- 5: From The Editors - Amanda & Kitty - Ascension (Letters) - 19.08.2010
- Hope that you are having a great week!
- 6: FAREWELL TO THIS BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE ISLAND - Ascension (Letters) - 19.08.2010
- Well, as this message goes to print it's scary to think that we will have landed back on UK soil ready to start our new adventure over there.
- 7: Hash Trash - Hash No: 1321 - Ascension (Sport) - 19.08.2010
- A large crowd of eager hashers gathered at the Dive Club to see what kind of a hash Man Beater and Baggage Boy had set this week.
- 8: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 19.08.2010
- Last week the children were taken to the Devil’s Riding School to look at some of Ascension’s Geology.
- 9: OUR DIARY ON OUR 2 CAMPS IN THE UK - Ascension (Internet News) - 19.08.2010
- We arrived in Brize Norton Wednesday 28th July, 7:45 a.m. (UK time), to a lovely cool, calm morning. Our flight was very comfortable.
- 10: New Businesses On Ascension - Ascension (Internet News) - 19.08.2010
- Several food establishments have recently been taken over by new owners.
- 11: Small Business For Sale - Ascension (Internet News) - 19.08.2010
- Small Business for sale known as Yon's Mini Mart
- 12: Small Business For Sale - Ascension (Internet News) - 19.08.2010
- Small Business for sale known as Yon's Mini Mart
- 13: The Met Office Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 12.08.2010
- UK: Outbreaks of rain for many at the start of the week and at times throughout.
- 14: VACANCY – CLEANER - Ascension (Job Vacancy) - 12.08.2010
- The Ascension Island Government will require the services of two Cleaners within our Facilities Management Department.
- 15: “Partnership for Progress and Prosperity” Britain and Ascension Island - Cyril Leo - Ascension (Letters) - 12.08.2010
- Ascension, on the whole, has been good for both my family and me, and therefore being a member of the Administrator’s Forum and later the Island Council was primarily my way of putting something back into the island.
- 16: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 12.08.2010
- In this part of St. Luke’s Gospel Jesus tells us to be prepared and ready for the Son of Man who will come at an hour when we are not expecting him.
- 17: From The Editors - Stevie & Anna - Ascension (Letters) - 12.08.2010
- Hope that you all have a great week –
- 18: Hash Trash - Hash No: 1320 - Ascension (Sport) - 12.08.2010
- The crowd gathered at Paradise Beach Cottage for this unusual Sunday hash. Uncle Transvestite briefed the waiting hashers.
- 19: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 12.08.2010
- Last week Clare Stringer from the RSPB visited the Island. Clare is the overseas coordinator of our Seabird Restoration Project and was interested in the status of the various nesting grounds this year.
- 20: MEETING OF THE ASCENSION ISLAND COUNCIL, 30 JULY 2010 - Ascension (Government) - 12.08.2010
- The Ascension Island Council held a formal meeting on Friday 30 July at 2pm in the Council Chamber.
- 21: Saints Club Rastafarian Night - Ascension (Internet News) - 12.08.2010
- The lyrics echoed throughout the Saints Club on Saturday night as it was Rastafarian night and everybody was in the Rastafarian mood.
- 22: Letter To MP Bellingham From Councillor Leo - Ascension (Internet News) - 12.08.2010
- Letter To MP Bellingham From Councillor Leo
- 23: Met Office - Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 05.08.2010
- Ascension sits within the trade wind belt, a prevailing pattern of easterly surface winds found in the tropics, they are a warm steady breeze that blows almost constantly.
- 24: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 05.08.2010
- It must have been something wonderful about Jesus’ praying which made one of his disciples to ask him “Lord teach us how to pray”.
- 25: Thank You - Ascension (People) - 05.08.2010
- I would like to say a very big THANK YOU to Catherine Hirons and Helen Tobin
- 26: From The Editors - Patsy & Mike - Ascension (Letters) - 05.08.2010
- Hello Readers Thank you to Helen Tobin for helping out with the Islander collating.
- 27: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 05.08.2010
- The Ascension Frigate bird is unique, breeding only on Ascension Island. It once occurred in huge numbers on the main island
- 28: Farewell Hashers - Ascension (Sport) - 05.08.2010
- The hash was moved from the top to the bottom of the mountain because of the unseasonably bad weather
- 29: Met Office - Weather Report - Ascension (Met Office) - 05.08.2010
- When I was five I was fascinated by hail - every time it sounded like it was raining heavily I would run outside just to check and was horribly disappointed if it was just rain.
- 30: ASCENSION DAY FAIR 2010 ACCOUNTS - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 05.08.2010
- ASCENSION DAY FAIR 2010 ACCOUNTS
- 31: Church News - Ascension (Religion/Church) - 05.08.2010
- Jesus is surrounded by a crowd of people when a man asked him “Tell my brother to divide with me the property our father left us.”
- 32: Conservation Weekly - Ascension (Conservation) - 05.08.2010
- The Explorers will be starting on Wednesday morning this week (4th). Please meet at the Conservation Office or Two Boats School at 0930. This week we will be going up to the Dew Pond.
- 33: From The Editors - Catherine & Carrie - Ascension (Letters) - 05.08.2010
- Hello Readers, Well, this is it from me folks!! My last time as editor of the Islander,
- 34: Thank You and Goodbye - Ascension (Letters) - 05.08.2010
- As Brooke and I leave Ascension Island to pick up the pieces of our lives in the UK, We would like to say our heartfelt Thank You to everyone
- 35: Sorry you’re leaving - Ascension (People) - 05.08.2010
- George has been working at the English Bay Power Station for 44 years and he will be sorely missed.
- 36: Farewell and Thank You - Ascension (People) - 05.08.2010
- I'd like to say a huge heartfelt thank you to everyone for all the gorgeous cards and gifts given to me last week.
- 37: Happy Birthday Wishes - Ascension (People) - 05.08.2010
- Happy lucky 4th birthday to a special grandson
- 38: Hash Trash - Hash No: 1319 - Ascension (Sport) - 05.08.2010
- A small group of hashers met at the guns on Cross Hill and were briefed by Uncle Transvestite.
- 39: Birthday Greetings - Ascension (People) - 05.08.2010
- Happy 5Oth Birthday Darling for Tuesday 10th August.
- 40: Smile Week Winner - Ascension (People) - 05.08.2010
- Smile Week Winner