|The Ascension Island Newspaper
| Issue No. 2164
||Wednesday 19 June 2013
|Home | Categories |
Current and Archived ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current and archived articles on one page.
View: Current (0) - Archived (229) - All (229)
- 1: Elliots House Victorious - Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 25.04.2013
- Two Boats School - Swimming Gala 2013
- 2: Two Boats School - Year 10 Work Experience - Ascension (Education) - 18.04.2013
- As part of our year careers lessons, we had to travel to various job companies and observe what they do and ask questions about what work opportunities they have to offer.
- 3: Two Boats School - Red Nose Day - Ascension (Education) - 21.03.2013
- We have got news of the school’s fund-raising and other bits of news from another busy and exciting half term.
- 4: Two Boats School Yr 7 & 8 - World Book Day - Ascension (Education) - 07.03.2013
- World Book Day 2013 will be celebrated on 7th March. It was celebrated for the first time on 23 April 1995 but is now held annually on the first Thursday in March.
- 5: School News - Ascension (Education) - 28.02.2013
- Middle 1 visited the museum before the half term to find out how inventions have had an impact on Ascension Island.
- 6: Sculpture for a Culture - a project presented by Year 9 students - TBS - Ascension (Education) - 29.11.2012
- During form time, Year 9 were asked to create a ‘sculpture for a culture’.
- 7: News From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 11.10.2012
- We have made a great start to the new academic year with all the new pupils and staff settling in very well.
- 8: Exam Success for Ascension Island Students - Ascension (Education) - 30.08.2012
- Well Done Year 11!
- 9: WHAT IS COPD? - FROM THE HOSPITAL - Ascension (Education) - 30.08.2012
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is comprised primarily of 3 related conditions
- 10: FIVE STUDENTS DEPARTING FOR UNIVERSITY - Ascension (Education) - 16.08.2012
- Leaving before the end of August and bound for the UK are five former students of Prince Andrew School.
- 11: Ascension's Got Talent - Ascension (Education) - 26.07.2012
- Ascension's Got Talent
- 12: News From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 19.07.2012
- I would like to sign off for this term by bringing you a round-up of school news from an action-packed six weeks.
- 13: News from Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 17.05.2012
- We are very much looking forward to our Open Afternoon on Wednesday 16th March and hope that as many friends of the school as possible will be able to attend.
- 14: Two Boats School: Consultancy Visit - Ascension (Education) - 21.03.2012
- Everyone associated with the school will know that we hosted a visit by Ian Newton of the Independent Schools Inspectorate during the week
- 15: Two Boats School - Year 11 - Ascension (Education) - 21.03.2012
- Road Accidentson Ascension
- 16: News From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 15.03.2012
- I am very pleased to give you my first report as Headteacher at Two Boats School. It has been an amazing four weeks and I am trying to learn all about the school and Ascension Island as quickly as I can.
- 17: Another highly commended winner for the International Art Competition. - Ascension (Education) - 15.12.2011
- Another highly commended winner for the International Art Competition.
- 18: Art Competition - Ascension (Education) - 15.12.2011
- The Theme for October’s month was
- 19: Years 1 & 2 trip to the Air Head - Ascension (Education) - 01.12.2011
- Years 1 & 2 trip to the Air Head
- 20: Fire Prevention Week - Ascension (Education) - 17.11.2011
- Fire Prevention Week has deep seeded roots within the United States and is celebrated annually every October.
- 21: JEANS FOR GENES 2011 - Ascension (Education) - 27.10.2011
- The total money raised is shown below:
- 22: Police Article - Ascension (Education) - 08.09.2011
- In recent weeks we have noted that some motorists have not advised our licensing section of the renewal of their vehicles insurance policies
- 23: Ladybirds Group - Upcoming Events - Ascension (Education) - 08.09.2011
- We will be holding a coffee morning at the Ladybirds Building on 22nd September from 10.30am. Please come and join us.
- 24: Georgetown Police Visits the Ladybirds - Ascension (Education) - 25.08.2011
- There was great excitement at Ladybirds last Thursday - everyone was looking forward to the police visit.
- 25: LADYBIRDS PLAYGROUP - Ascension (Education) - 30.06.2011
- PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
- 26: NINE WAYS TO PREVENT FOOD POISONING - Ascension (Education) - 24.02.2011
- If you’ve ever had food poisoning, you’ll know just how unpleasant it can be, even for a fit and healthy person. Sometimes food poisoning can cause serious illness and even death.
- 27: Christmas Reading Guide for Children - Ascension (Education) - 16.12.2010
- Are you stuck for ideas as to which books to buy for the children in your life this Christmas?
- 28: Two Boats School Christmas Card Competition Winners - Ascension (Education) - 09.12.2010
- The School had a Christmas card competition when families ordered personalised cards designed by their children
- 29: World Asthma Day- 4 May 2010 - Ascension (Education) - 06.05.2010
- Asthma is a condition that affects the airways – the small tubes that carry air in and out of the lungs.
- 30: Education, Education, Education, - to be or not to be? - Ascension (Education) - 28.01.2010
- Fellow Islanders, I am sure you are aware of the recent Education review undertaken at our very own Two Boats School.
- 31: Press Release - St Helena - Ascension (Education) - 24.09.2009
- Giselle Richards Qualifies with Masters Degree
- 32: Middle 2’s Trip Around the Island - Ascension (Education) - 11.12.2008
- On Tuesday 2nd December Middle 2 had a great day out, visiting places around the island that are important to them for various reasons.
- 33: Year 11 Work Experience Part 2 - Ascension (Education) - 02.10.2008
- For my work experience I worked for Cable and Wireless, Ascension Island Police, and Serco.
- 34: News From Two Boats School - Week 1/2 04/09/08 - Ascension (Education) - 11.09.2008
- We would like to welcome you all back to another school year.
- 35: Prostate cancer facts - Ascension (Education) - 18.10.2007
- Today one man in 14 is diagnosed with prostate cancer, almost 32,000 every year, and it has now overtaken lung cancer to become the most common cancer in men.
- 36: TWO BOATS SCHOOL NURSERY CLASS VISITS THE QUEEN ATLANTIS - Ascension (Education) - 05.07.2007
- On Monday afternoon, AIG Commercial Services were visited by Two Boats Nursery Class as part of their “Pierhead” Topic.
- 37: ASCENSION ISLAND LIBRARY AND RESOURCE CENTRE - Ascension (Education) - 10.05.2007
- Please note new Wednesday opening hours shown below.
- 38: PRESS RELEASE - 2007 REGISTER OF ELECTORS - Ascension (Education) - 15.02.2007
- As you may be aware, the exercise to compile the 2007 Register of Electors commenced on 17 January 2007. The cut-off date for persons who wish to be included in the 2007 Register is 4pm on Wednesday, 14 February 2007.
- 39: ASCENSION ISLAND LIBRARY AND RESOURCE CENTRE - Ascension (Education) - 18.01.2007
- OPENING TIMES
- 40: The Ascension Island Historical Society - Ascension (Education) - 21.09.2006
- On Thursday 22nd September 1966, the inaugural Meeting of the Ascension Historical Society was held, at the Island Club, Georgetown.
- 41: BOOK REVIEW - A Walk in the Woods – Bill Bryson - Ascension (Education) - 14.09.2006
- If you like the ironical style of Bryson then this is a book for you. It was first published in 1997 following Bryson’s success with other best selling travel books including Notes from a Small Island.
- 42: David Higgins' Back in the South Atlantic - Falklands (Education) - 27.07.2006
- David Higgins, who left his post i the Falklands to take up one at Two Boats School on Ascension Island, is back in the Falklands for another stint as head teacher at the Community School.
- 43: Kids Klub - Ascension (Education) - 29.06.2006
- By the time you are reading this, I will be happily sat with my family and friends in the UK…
- 44: Nursery School Applications - Ascension (Education) - 15.06.2006
- It is fast approaching the end of this school year and we are already planning for next school year.
- 45: Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 15.06.2006
- Early last month the new English/Spanish Classroom was completed for Two Boats School.
- 46: News From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 26.05.2006
- As you probably know Sunday 21st May was St Helena Day. As part of their History project Year 5/6 listened with their eyes closed as I set the scene.
- 47: ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT - Ascension (Education) - 06.04.2006
- 5 GCSE SUPPORT READERS REQUIRED
- 48: News From The Library - Ascension (Education) - 06.04.2006
- Please note the library will be closed on Good Friday,
- 49: From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 01.12.2005
- Many of you will have been bombarded with questionnaires from year 11 students in the last few weeks and you will probably find this continues for a while.
- 50: ASCENSION’S ACHIEVERS REWARDED AT TWO BOATS SCHOOL PRIZE GIVING - Ascension (Education) - 07.07.2005
- The annual Two Boats School Leavers Assembly took place at 1120 am on Friday, 01 July 2005
- 51: Creature Feature - Ascension (Education) - 30.06.2005
- This Week – Scorpion Fish
- 52: News From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 03.03.2005
- How do Years 3 and 4 feel About School
- 53: Journalism Fellowship Seeks Applicants - S.Atlantic (Education) - 04.01.2005
- Applications are invited for the Gordon N. Fisher Journalism Fellowship at Massey College in the University of Toronto from 01 September 2005 to 30 April 2006.
- 54: Hello From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 01.07.2004
- There are the annual signs that the school year is rapidly coming to a close and after this week there are only four full weeks left in school
- 55: TWO BOATS SCHOOL:Down under with the Divers - Ascension (Education) - 18.03.2004
- Some visitors came to our school on Tuesday 9th March. They were a team of divers, here on an expedition.
- 56: Hello From Two Boats School - Ascension (Education) - 05.10.2003
- All the latest events and news from the Island's only school