Ascension : Ascension Island Government - Vacancy - Phamacy Assistant
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 08.03.2012 (Article Archived on 22.03.2012)
A position of Pharmacy Assistant has become available at the Georgetown Hospital. We are seeking to recruit a suitably experienced and qualified person to fill this position
Ascension Island Government
VACANCY – PHARMACY ASSISTANT
A position of Pharmacy Assistant has become available at the Georgetown Hospital. We are seeking to recruit a suitably experienced and qualified person to fill this position. In particular, we are looking for a friendly, flexible and self motivated individual who is seeking a new challenge and who can work well as part of a team.
The principal duties of the post include:
· Under the guidance and with the help of doctors organize and run the pharmacy, dry store and medical gases bank.
· Responsible for ordering drugs and other consumables from wholesalers.
· Maintain accurate stock records and statistics.
· Attend out-patient clinics and dispense medication and treatment as prescribed by the doctors.
· Keep the pharmacy and the dry store tidy and orderly.
· Take active part in maintenance of hygienic standards and cleanliness within the hospital environment.
- Help with all emergencies, whenever on duty or out of working hours, working within the hospital team.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a good standard of education. Possession of at least two GCSE’s in Mathematics and English at Grade C or above would be an advantage.
- Be able to give high attention to details and accuracy.
- Have the ability to work set hours.
- Be flexible to meet the needs of the Organisation.
- Have the ability to work independently and use own initiative and judgement and to know when to refer matters is essential.
- Be computer literate.
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Have good customer care skills.
A clean, valid A & B driving licence is desirable.
The job is graded at Level 5 with a minimum and maximum salary band of £7,701 - £12,698 (before tax) per annum. The successful applicant’s salary will fall within this salary band and will depend upon qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will also receive: rent free accommodation, utility allowances, mid-tour passage/flight, a gratuity on completion of 2 year contract, free medical and primary dental treatment and generous baggage allowances. The post is offered as single status and an allowance of £2,797.00 per annum will be paid.
Further information about the post is available from the Senior Medical Officer on telephone number (+247) 6303 or email email@example.com . Application forms and a copy of the Job Description are available from the Administrator’s Office by telephoning (+247) 7000 ext 131 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Adviser on fax number +247 6150 or by email to email@example.com by no later than Friday 23 March 2012.
Human Resources Adviser
Ascension Island05 March 2012