Ascension : Job Vacancy - Ascension Island Government
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 09.02.2012 (Article Archived on 23.02.2012)
VACANCY - NURSING SISTER
VACANCY - NURSING SISTER
A position of Nursing Sister will shortly become available at the Georgetown Hospital. We are seeking to recruit a suitably experienced and qualified person to fill this position. In particular, we are looking for a friendly, flexible and self motivated individual who is seeking a new challenge and who can work well as part of a team.
The principal duties of the post include:
· The provision of good quality patient care to all patients in accordance with applicable legislation and codes of professional conduct
· Carrying out duties as instructed by the Senior Medical Officer and/or delegated staff in respective fields in order to achieve good standards of medical care to patients.
· Attending out-patient clinics and dispensing medication and treatment as prescribed by the doctors
· Attending emergencies, both when on duty or out of working hours.
· Assisting in maintaining resources to a high standard.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a Registered Nurse with a minimum of 3 years experience in a general hospital setting.
- Have a good command of spoken and written English.
- Have the ability to work set hours.
- Be flexible to meet the needs of the Organisation.
· Produce evidence of keeping skills and knowledge up-to-date by attending training courses or self study.
A clean, valid A & B driving licence is desirable.
The job is graded at Level 8 with a minimum and maximum salary band of £12,698 - £19,150 (before tax) per annum. The successful applicant’s salary will fall within this salary band and will depend upon qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will also receive: rent free accommodation, utility allowances, mid-tour passage/flight, a gratuity on completion of 2 year contract, free medical and primary dental treatment and generous baggage allowances. The post is offered as single status and an allowance of £2,797.00 per annum will be paid.
Further information about the post is available from the Senior Medical Officer on telephone number (+247) 6303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Application forms and a copy of the Job Description are available from the Administrator’s Office by telephoning (+247) 7000 ext 131 or emailing email@example.com.
Completed forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Adviser on fax number +247 6150 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 02 March 2012.
Human Resources Adviser
01 February 2012