Ascension : TEACHING ASSISTANT SPECIAL NEEDS
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 03.02.2011 (Article Archived on 17.02.2011)
Two Boats School is looking for a very special person to take over the role of full time Teaching Assistant working with one of our very special students.
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
Two Boats School
Two Boats School is looking for a very special person to take over the role of full time Teaching Assistant working with one of our very special students. The role includes providing one to one support across all subjects of the Secondary School curriculum. This will include classroom based and off site activities such as sport and outings. You will also be involved in other activities around school including preparing classrooms resources, photocopying, and displays.
- Help our student to learn and develop key skills.
- Support our studentís understanding of a range of secondary school curriculum subjects
- Support our student in further development of positive personal and social skills
- Be a vital link between home and school.
- Need to be able to use your own initiative.
- Have experience of working with young people in a school environment.
- Be willing to learn new skills and ways of working.
- Be patient, cheerful and willing to be part of a team.
- Have at least 1 years experience working with children (preferably older children) in a variety of contexts.
We can offer you
- A friendly, supportive work place.
- The opportunity to work with the most exciting people on Ascension (the students!)
- Training and development opportunities suitable to your experience.
The post is offered as either household (only suitable for someone living on Ascension who is already a member of another personís household that provides accommodation and allowances) or single status and is Graded at Level 3 with a minimum and maximum salary band of £5,977 - £9,480 per annum. The successful applicantís salary will fall within this salary band and will depend on qualifications and experience. If engaged as single status an allowance of £2,769 per annum will be payable and accommodation will be provided.
Further information about the post is available from the Headteacher on Tel: 247 6155 or email: email@example.com .
Application forms are available from the Administratorís Office by telephoning (247) 7000 ext 131 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Adviser by hand/post or on fax number 00 (247) 6152 or e-mail email@example.com by no later than Friday 11 February 2011.
A H Nicholls
Human Resources Adviser
31 January 2011