Ascension : VACANCY – PLANT OPERATOR
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 19.08.2010 (Article Archived on 02.09.2010)
The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a Plant Operator to work in the Plant Section of the Facilities Management Department.
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
VACANCY – PLANT OPERATOR
The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a Plant Operator to work in the Plant Section of the Facilities Management Department. This post reports directly to the Marine, Plant & Transport Team Leader.
The main duties of the post are:-
· To operate and drive plant including, but not limited to, wheeled loader, de-mountable lorry, bulldozer, road roller, Fiori mixer and 6 tonne tipper truck.
· To work from drawings and markers under the direction of supervisors.
· To prepare plant for operation.
· To service plant and equipment by cleaning, lubricating and re-fuelling it and make minor adjustments and repairs when necessary.
· To assist with the construction & maintenance of: sports fields, roads, sewer lines etc.
· To assist with collection & disposal of refuse and any other hazardous waste if required.
· To carry out stevedore duties as a core function.
The successful candidate must:
· Have at least 3 years experience as a competent Plant Operator/Driver (which includes operating, maintaining and servicing of such equipment.
· Have good concentration skills and able to follow verbal instructions accurately
· Have a working knowledge of Health & Safety at Work.
· Have good hand-eye coordination.
· Have the ability to work as part of a team.
· Be physically fit and like outdoor work.
· Have a clean, valid driving licence for vehicles in classes A to J.
Salary will be at Grade 4 with a minimum and maximum salary band of £7,007.00 - £10,511.00 per annum. The successful applicant’s salary will fall within this salary band and will depend upon qualifications and experience. The post is offered as a household or single status contract and an allowance of £2,769.00 per annum will be paid and accommodation provided.
For further details concerning the post, please contact the Marine, Plant & Transport Team Leader on telephone number 6220 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms are available from the Administrator’s Office in Georgetown by telephoning 7000 extension 131 or by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Completed forms should be submitted to the Director of Resources by hand/post or on fax number 6152 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 03 September 2010.
Director of Resources
16 August 2010