Ascension : Civil & Grounds Maintenance Operative
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 04.03.2010 (Article Archived on 18.03.2010)
Civil & Grounds Maintenance Operative required to work in the Facilities Management Department
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
Civil & Grounds Maintenance Operative
required to work in the
Facilities Management Department
Engagement will be on a single status basis. A competitive salary will be paid. The successful candidate will also receive: a single allowance of £2,769 per annum, rent free accommodation, utility allowances, mid-tour passage/flight, a gratuity at completion of 2 year contract, free medical and primary dental treatment and generous baggage allowances.
The successful candidate must:
· Have at least 1 years experience in grounds maintenance. Knowledge of grounds maintenance equipment and landscaping would be an advantage.
· Have a careful, methodical and accurate approach to work.
· Have the ability to work as a part of a team.
· Be physically fit and like outdoor work.
· Have a strong awareness of safety issues.
A clean valid driving licence of classes A, B & C would be desirable.
Principal duties of the post include:
· Assisting with the upkeep of Two Boats Village, The Residency and Georgetown gardens and public areas.
· Carrying out general grounds maintenance.
· Operating the effluent irrigation system in Two Boats Village.
· Assisting with roads construction and maintenance.
· Carrying out minor repairs on equipment used in grounds maintenance.
· Assisting with duties carried out by other sections of the Department.
· Carrying out stevedore duties as a core function.
For further information about the post please contact Team Leader – Robert Anthony on Tel: (247) 6797. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 10 March 2010.