VACANCY FOR A TEACHING ASSISTANT SPECIAL NEEDS
WE NEED A VERY SPECIAL PERSON TO WORK WITH A VERY SPECIAL STUDENT
Two Boats School is looking for a very special person to take over the role of full time Teaching Assistant working with one of our very special students. The role includes providing one to one support across all subjects of the Secondary School curriculum. This will include classroom based and off site activities such as sport and outings. You will also be involved in other activities around school including preparing classrooms resources, photocopying, and displays.
- Help our student to learn and develop key skills.
- Support our student’s understanding of a range of secondary school curriculum subjects
- Support our student in further development of positive personal and social skills
- Be a vital link between home and school.
- Need to be able to use your own initiative.
- Have experience of working with young people in a school environment.
- Be willing to learn new skills and ways of working.
- Be patient, cheerful and willing to be part of a team.
- Have at least 1 years experience working with children (preferably older children) in a variety of contexts.
We can offer you
- A friendly, supportive work place.
- The opportunity to work with the most exciting people on Ascension (the students!)
- Training and development opportunities suitable to your experience.
The post is offered as either household (only suitable for someone living on Ascension who is already a member of another person’s household that provides accommodation and allowances) or single status and is Graded at Level 3 with a minimum and maximum salary band of £5,977 - £9,480 per annum. The successful applicant’s salary will fall within this salary band and will depend on qualifications and experience. If engaged as single status an allowance of £2,769 per annum will be payable and accommodation will be provided.
For further details including a job description please, contact Alan Nicholls, Human Resources Manager, on (247) 7000 ext 150 or email him at the email address set out below.
Before applying for the post please contact Soo Matthews or Linda Yon at the school on (247) 6155 for an informal chat about the post so that you have a good understanding of the role and what will be expected of you.
Application forms are available from the Administrator’s Office by telephoning (247) 7000 ext 131 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager by hand/post or on fax number 00 (247) 6152 or e-mail email@example.com by no later than Friday 29 January 2010.
A H Nicholls
Human Resources Manager