Ascension : ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT - Job Vacancy
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 03.05.2012 (Article Archived on 17.05.2012)
Ascension Island Government - Vacancy - Web Editor/Finance Assistant
A position of Web Editor/Finance Assistant is immediately available with the Ascension Island Government’s Finance Team. AIG is seeking to recruit a suitably competent, motivated and flexible individual to fill this position. This is a great chance to work with senior management over the whole range of Government activities and make a real impact.
The main duties of the post are to assist in the maintenance and development of the Government’s websites, including payment handling facilities. Other duties include:
· To support the Finance Team Leader with accounting functions within the Finance Department.
- To assist with other departmental functions as required, these include: Payroll, Income Tax, Customs, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Procurement, Passenger Ticket Sales and Insurance.
- To operate and maintain a registry and filing system for the Department.
- To perform regular and random cash checks when necessary.
- To provide cover for other roles as necessary.
- Perform the duties of a Customs Officer when necessary.
The successful candidate must:
· Be able to produce clear and attractive web pages, setting out government issues lucidly.
· Must be able to work with government staff at all levels
· Have a good standard of education. Possession of at least three GCSE’s at Grade C would be an advantage.
· Have a minimum of 5 years experience in an accounts office environment.
· Have good IT skills which include a sound understanding of website operation.
The post is offered as a household (only suitable for someone living on Ascension who is already a member of another person’s household that provides accommodation and allowances) or single status post with a salary ranging between £8,620.00 and £13,981.00 per annum. The successful applicant’s salary will fall within this range and will depend upon ability and experience. If engaged as single status the successful candidate will also receive a food allowance of £2,825 per annum, rent free accommodation, utility allowances, mid-tour passage/flight, free medical and primary dental treatment and generous baggage allowances.
For further details concerning the post, please contact the Finance Team Leader on telephone number 7000 extension 121 or email: email@example.com .
Application forms and a job description are available from the Administrator’s Office in Georgetown by telephoning 7000 extension 131 or by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Completed forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Adviser by hand/post or on fax number 00 (247) 6152 or e-mail email@example.com by no later than Friday, 11th May 2012.
Alan H Nicholls
Human Resources Adviser