Ascension : VACANCY – ASSISTANT PLANT TEAM LEADER
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 19.08.2010 (Article Archived on 02.09.2010)
A vacancy currently exists within the Ascension Island Government for an Assistant Plant Team Leader.
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
VACANCY – ASSISTANT PLANT TEAM LEADER
A vacancy currently exists within the Ascension Island Government for an Assistant Plant Team Leader. We are seeking to recruit a suitably experienced and qualified person to fill this position. In particular, we are looking for a competent plant operator with good team leadership skills.
The main duties of the post are:-
· To support the Marine, Plant and Transport Team Leader in ensuring an effective and efficient plant management service is provided that meets the needs of AIG in accordance with best practice.
· Undertaking repairs, servicing and M.O.T Inspections of plant and marine engines. Responsible for providing an efficient service to the Public and other organisations.
· To carry out skilled work operating plant in any maintenance, construction, excavation or haulage work detailed by the Marine, Plant and Transport Team Leader.
· To carry out stevedore duties as a core function.
The successful candidate must:
· Have recognised qualifications in plant operations/vehicle mechanical engineering or competency certificates in a relevant trade.
· Have at least 3 years experience as a competent plant operator.
· Have a working knowledge of Health & Safety at Work.
· Have the ability to take on assigned work and using initiative, produce practical solutions to on the job problems.
· Have the ability to lead a team in a dynamic period of change towards organisational goals.
· Be flexible and motivated.
· Have a clean, valid driving licence for vehicles in classes A to J.
Salary will be at Grade 5 with a minimum and maximum salary band of £7,625.00 - £12,572.00 per annum. The successful applicant’s salary will fall within this salary band and will depend upon qualifications and experience. The post is offered as a household or single status contract and an allowance of £2,769.00 per annum will be paid and accommodation provided.
For further details concerning the post, please contact the Marine, Plant & Transport Team Leader on telephone number 6220 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms are available from the Administrator’s Office in Georgetown by telephoning 7000 extension 131 or by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Completed forms should be submitted to the Director of Resources by hand/post or on fax number 6152 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 03 September 2010.
Director of Resources
16 August 2010