Ascension : VACANCY – STORES SUPERVISOR
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 01.10.2009 (Article Archived on 15.10.2009)
A position of Stores Supervisor will become available with the Ascension Island Government in early November 2009.
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
A position of Stores Supervisor will become available with the Ascension Island Government in early November 2009. AIG is seeking to recruit a competent, conscientious and self-motivated person to fill this position.
The successful applicant will be responsible to the Corporate Finance Manager for the effective operation of the Central Stores. It is essential that the applicant has previous experience of managing a Stores environment. An appropriate qualification or competency certificate would be desirable.
The main duties of the post are:-
- To be responsible for the general management of the Stores;
- To be responsible for the day to day supervision and training of the stores staff;
- To effectively operate and maintain the computerised stock control system on the Sage Financial System;
- To ensure that appropriate levels of stock are maintained to meet the needs of customers;
- To be responsible for the reordering of stock items;
- To maintain the safety, security and integrity of the Store at all times;
- To facilitate the annual stock-take;
- To liaise with and foster positive relationships with all customers;
- To carry out or support ship work duties.
A clean, valid driving licence of Classes A, B & J is required in addition to which the successful applicant will be expected to have undertaken appropriate health and safety training.
The post is offered as either a single or accompanied status contract for two years. The position is graded at Level 6 which attracts a salary band of £8,450 - £13,706 (before tax) per annum. In addition to the base salary an appropriate allowance (single £2,769p.a /accompanied £5,538p.a) will be paid. Accommodation will be provided.
For further details concerning the duties of the post, please contact the Corporate Finance Manager on telephone number (247) 7000 ext 121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms are available from the Administrator’s Office by telephoning (247) 7000 extension 131 or by e-mailing email@example.com
Completed forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager by hand or fax: 00 247 6152 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 16th October 2008.
Alan H Nicholls
Human Resources Manager
28 September 2009