Ascension : VACANCY FOR A TEACHING ASSISTANT
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 05.06.2014 (Article Archived on 19.06.2014)
The Two Boats School is looking for a caring and committed person to join our Learning Support team from August 2014.
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
Two Boats School
VACANCY FOR A TEACHING ASSISTANT
The Two Boats School is looking for a caring and committed person to join our Learning Support team from August 2014. Teaching Assistants are deployed in a variety of changing roles and are expected to be flexible and ready to learn new skills.
The work includes
- Supporting teachers in Early Years Foundation Stage classes
- Assisting teachers with planning and preparation
- Developing educational resources and displays
- Supervising activities including educational visits
- Attending meetings and liaising with parents
- Helping individual students with Special Educational Needs access the curriculum
- Ensuring their welfare
- Delivering specific intervention programmes
At this time we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with level 2 English and Maths or higher qualifications interested in supporting students with Special Educational Needs in the primary sector. Experience with autistic spectrum disorders would be an advantage.
AIG and Two Boats School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An appropriate criminal records check will be required.
We can offer you
- A friendly, supportive work place.
- The opportunity to work with the most exciting people on Ascension (the children!)
- Training and development opportunities suitable to your needs and experience.
Salary will depend upon qualifications and experience. The post is offered as a Household Status Contract (only suitable for a person who is already living on Ascension as a member of an accompanied status employee’s household), however Single Status with accommodation, and an appropriate allowance, might be considered for an exceptional candidate bringing new expertise to the school.
Before applying for the post please feel free to contact the Headteacher David Blunt at the school on 6155 for an informal chat about the post so that you have a good understanding of the role and what will be expected of you or email email@example.com.
Application forms and a job description are available from AIG’s Human Resources and should be submitted to the Human Resources Adviser by hand/post e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 23rd June 2014.
A H Nicholls
Human Resources Adviser
2nd June 2014