Ascension : VACANCY - TEMPORARY POST OFFICE ASSISTANT
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 05.06.2014 (Article Archived on 19.06.2014)
The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a temporary Post Office Assistant for a period of approximately six weeks to work at the Post Office in Georgetown.
The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a temporary Post Office Assistant for a period of approximately six weeks to work at the Post Office in Georgetown. The successful candidate will be expected to commence work during the week beginning on the 16 June 2014.
The main duties of the post are:
· Provide an over the counter postal and philatelic service to customers.
· Provide a sales service for vehicle licences and other AIG licences and permits.
· Provide a sales service and maintain records for any additional items sold by the Post Office including greeting cards and similar incidental items.
· Processing of stamp orders including those received via Post Office website, manage customer accounts (including credit card payments) and despatch information leaflets as required.
· Record sale of stamps, postal orders, coins etc.
· Maintain stamp stock ledger, cash sales ledger and cash receipt books.
· Prepare and make up surface and airmails for despatch in accordance with the rules and regulations of the UPU.
· Collection, sorting, delivery, over-bagging (in transit) and recording of all mail.
· Record registered, insured and all parcel items and obtain signatures for receipt.
· Assist with the processing of First Day Covers to meet deadlines of release dates.
· Process applications for driver and vehicle licences, collect fees and issue all customers with monthly reminders for these licences.
· Undertake any other related duties as required by the Post Office Team Leader.
This is a household status position (only suitable for someone living on Ascension who is already a member of another person’s household that provides accommodation and allowances). The successful applicant’s salary will depend upon qualifications, ability and experience.
For further details concerning the post, please contact the Postmistress on telephone number 6583 or email: email@example.com
Application forms and a job description are available from the AIG’s Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Adviser at the aforementioned email address or by fax to 6152 by no later than Wednesday 11 June 2014.
A H Nicholls
Human Resources Adviser
02 June 2014