Ascension : Assistant Chef - Ascension Island Submitted by The Islander (Mario Anthony) 03.04.2014 (Article Archived on 17.04.2014)
Assistant Chef - Ascension Island
Ascension Island Ref SS06164
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Site Allowance
Interserve Defence Ltd is recruiting an Assistant Chef to join a busy team working with fresh ingredients
and achieving the highest standards at the Combined Mess on Travellers Hill. The mess caters for military
personnel and MOD contracted staff.
• Prepare and set up breakfast.
• Assist the chef with preparation and set up of lunch and evening meal. (If required, training will be
• Record fridges, freezers, hot cabinets and servery temperatures.
• Adopt a ‘clean as you go’ policy within work area.
• Adhere to the Food Safety Act.
• Wanting to develop ones skills within the position.
• Energetic and enthusiastic.
• A flexible approach to work.
• The ability to carry out tasks quickly and competently.
• A strong interest in food and experience of working in the catering environment.
• The ability to follow instructions.
• Good spoken communication skills.
• Ability to use your initiative and work in a team.
• Must be aged 18 or over.
• Will pass Medical and SC Security checks.
• Will work unsocial hours and shift pattern.
Interserve will pay a competitive salary, monthly site allowance and a bonus at 13th and 27th month. Hours of
work are 54 per week. The contract duration is 27 months single status with 74 days leave excluding
weekends. Air/sea transportation for agreed holiday periods (2 passages to St Helena + 2 flights to UK or 4
flights to UK) will be at the Company’s expense. Free accommodation, catering services and work clothing
will be provided.
Interested person should submit CV to apply or contact Theresa.Corker-Coleman@interserve.com for further
information, tel 00247 6339, fax 00247 6813.
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th April 2014.