Ascension : Steward - Ascension Island
Submitted by The Islander (Mario Anthony) 03.04.2014 (Article Archived on 17.04.2014)
Steward - Ascension Island
Ascension Island Ref SS06216
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Site Allowance
Interserve Defence Ltd is recruiting a Steward to work at the Combined Mess on Travellers Hill. The
Steward will be required to provide and maintain the dining room service, meeting MOD and company
requirements to the highest standards both for daily requirements and functions.
• Maintaining high standards of personal hygiene and presentation conducive to a front of house
• Maintain the cleanliness of the dining room/bar and associated areas by completing all tasks allocated
on the cleaning schedule.
• To provide the highest standard of dining room service (of both food and beverage) as directed by the
• To assist with refreshment services and functions at other locations, airport and base commanders
• Ensure that tables are laid and that clearance is effective ensuring that the dining environment is
clean and free from debris and dirty crockery at all times.
• To ensure that replenishment of condiments, bread rolls teas and coffee etc is available throughout
• To assist in basic food preparation, “Bimble bags” and condiments.
• Self motivated team member with ability to work on own initative or part of a team.
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent and willingness to undertake further training.
• Takes responsibility for own actions and ability to meet deadlines.
• Compliance to the Health and Safety at Work Act, Food Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
• Maintenance of the Company Quality Control procedures.
• To develop your own skill within the scope of this position.
Interserve will pay a competitive salary, monthly site allowance and a bonus at 13th and 27th month. Hours of
work are 48 per week. The contract duration is 27 months single status with 74 days leave excluding
weekends. Air/sea transportation for agreed holiday periods (2 passages to St Helena + 2 flights to UK or 4
flights to UK) will be at the Company’s expense. Free accommodation, catering services and work clothing
will be provided.
Interested person should submit CV to apply or contact Theresa.Corker-Coleman@interserve.com for further
information, tel 00247 6339, fax 00247 6813.
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th April 2014.