Ascension : VACANCY FOR QHSE & PROJECTS TEAM LEADER
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 20.03.2014 (Article Archived on 10.04.2014)
This is your opportunity to apply for a position of QHSE & Projects Team Leader which will become available in June 2014,
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
VACANCY FOR QHSE & PROJECTS TEAM LEADER
The Ascension Island Government is certified in ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) and is currently working towards the implementation of OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System) and ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System).
This is your opportunity to apply for a position of QHSE & Projects Team Leader which will become available in June 2014, the start to a worthy career through dedication and commitment in this exciting and interesting role. The role will appeal to candidates who have worked with QHSE systems and Projects or those with a desire to change career direction.
· Overall management of the QHSE system.
- Ensuring that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained.
· Developing and integrating an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System into the organisation.
· Ensuring that the performance of the quality management system is reviewed at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
· Proactively co-ordinating projects and acting as a central point of contact for the project team including Directors and facilitators.
· Evaluating projects systematically in order to capture and share learning from what to do, and to facilitate a culture of continuous individual and organisational learning.
· Producing reports for senior management on both the QMS and projects.
- A good standard of education is essential.
· Working in a similar role with an understanding of QHSE Management Systems and Project co-ordination is desirable (due consideration will be given to applicants who do not have the necessary experience but show a genuine ability and willingness to learn about QHSE and Project co-ordination).
· Self-motivating and proactive with organisational, facilitating and management skills.
- Excellent customer service, listening and communication skills - both written and verbal for all levels of the business are necessary.
- An understanding of procurement and contracting processes and best practice.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own objectives.
- An assertive approach, i.e. to challenge senior colleagues to ensure that their approach is compliant, would be desirable.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
· A clean driving licence for classes A & B vehicles.
A competitive salary will be paid. The successful candidate will also receive: rent free accommodation, utility allowances, mid-tour passage/flight, a gratuity on completion of 2 year contract, free medical and primary dental treatment and generous baggage allowances. The post is offered as accompanied status and a food allowance of £5,705.00 per annum will also be paid.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more about what the job entails, please contact the current QHSE and Projects Team Leader on telephone +247 6233 or email email@example.com.
Application forms and a job description are available from the AIG’s Human Resources by telephoning (247) 7000 extension 150 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Adviser at the aforementioned email address or by fax to (247 6816) by no later than Friday 4th April 2014.
Alan H Nicholls
Human Resources Adviser