Ascension : VACANCY FOR A TEACHING ASSISTANT
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 23.01.2014 (Article Archived on 06.02.2014)
The Two Boats School is looking for a caring and committed person to join our Learning Support team as soon as possible.
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
Two Boats School
VACANCY FOR A TEACHING ASSISTANT
The Two Boats School is looking for a caring and committed person to join our Learning Support team as soon as possible. Teaching Assistants are deployed in a variety of changing roles and are expected to be flexible and ready to learn new skills.
The work includes
- Supporting teachers in Early Years Foundation Stage classes
- Assisting teachers with planning and preparation
- Developing educational resources and displays
- Supervising activities including educational visits
- Attending meetings and liaising with parents
- Helping individual students with Special Educational Needs access the curriculum
- Ensuring their welfare
- Delivering specific intervention programmes
AIG and Two Boats School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An appropriate criminal records check will be required.
We can offer you
- A friendly, supportive work place.
- The opportunity to work with the most exciting people on Ascension (the children!)
- Training and development opportunities suitable to your needs and experience.
Salary will depend upon qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will also receive: rent free accommodation, utility allowances, mid-tour passage/flight, a gratuity on completion of 2 year contract, free medical and primary dental treatment and generous baggage allowances. The post is offered as single status and a food allowance of £2,853.00 per annum is also payable.
Before applying for the post please feel free to contact the Headteacher David Blunt at the school on 6155 for an informal chat about the post so that you have a good understanding of the role and what will be expected of you or email email@example.com.
Application forms and a job description are available from AIG’s Human Resources and should be submitted to the Human Resources Adviser by hand/post e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 31st January 2014.
A H Nicholls
Human Resources Adviser
16 January 2014