Ascension : VACANCY – FINANCE ASSISTANT/WEB EDITOR
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 12.09.2013 (Article Archived on 26.09.2013)
A position of Finance Assistant/Web Editor will shortly become available with the Ascension Island Government’s Finance Team.
A position of Finance Assistant/Web Editor will shortly become available with the Ascension Island Government’s Finance Team. AIG is seeking to recruit a suitably competent, motivated and flexible individual to fill this position.
The main duties of the post include:
· To support the Finance Team Leader with accounting functions within the Finance Department.
· To be the Editor of the Ascension Island Government official website, and other Government websites as required.
- To prepare monthly payroll and assist with other departmental functions as required, these include: Income Tax, Customs, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Procurement, Passenger Ticket Sales and Insurance.
- To operate and maintain a registry and filing system for the Department.
- To perform regular and random cash checks when necessary.
- To provide cover for other roles as necessary.
- Perform the duties of a Customs Officer when necessary.
The successful candidate must:
· Be able to produce clear and attractive web pages, setting out government issues lucidly.
· Have a minimum of 5 years experience in an accounts office environment.
· Have a good standard of education. Possession of at least three GCSE’s at Grade C would be an advantage.
· Have good IT skills which include a sound understanding of website operation.
· An understanding of the SAGE software program or similar computerised accounts package is an advantage but not essential.
· Must be able to work with government staff at all levels.
The post is offered as a household (only suitable for someone living on Ascension who is already a member of another person’s household that provides accommodation and allowances) or single status post with a salary ranging between £8,706.00 and £14,121.00 per annum. The successful applicant’s salary will fall within this range and will depend upon ability and experience. If engaged as single status the successful candidate will also receive a food allowance of £2,853 per annum, rent free accommodation, utility allowances, mid-tour passage/flight, free medical and primary dental treatment and generous baggage allowances.
For further details concerning the post, please contact Miss Kerry Benjamin on telephone number 7000 extension 113 or email: email@example.com
Application forms and a job description are available from AIG’s Human Resources in Georgetown by telephoning (247) 7000 extension 132 or by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Completed forms should be returned to the Human Resources Adviser, email address email@example.com or fax number (247) 6816 by no later than Friday 27 September 2013.