Ascension : VACANCY – MIDWIFE/NURSING SISTER
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 10.01.2013 (Article Archived on 24.01.2013)
A position of Midwife/Nursing Sister will become available at the Georgetown Hospital at the end of April 2013.
Ascension Island Government
VACANCY – MIDWIFE/NURSING SISTER
Georgetown Hospital – Ascension Island
A position of Midwife/Nursing Sister will become available at the Georgetown Hospital at the end of April 2013. We are seeking to recruit a suitably experienced and qualified person to fill this position. In particular, we are looking for a friendly, flexible and self motivated individual who is seeking a new challenge and who can work well as part of a team.
The principal duties of the post include:
· The provision of good quality patient care to all patients in accordance with applicable legislation and codes of professional conduct.
· Providing professional midwifery care to all pregnant women (ante-natal, during labour and post-natal) as per guidelines and Code of Practice by UKCC Nursing and Midwifery.
· Supporting Well Being Clinic, including vaccinations and basic developmental assessment.
· Carrying out duties as instructed by the Senior Medical Officer and/or delegated staff in respective fields in order to achieve good standards of medical care to patients, to include shift work as required.
· Attending out-patient clinics and dispensing medication and treatment as prescribed by the doctors.
· Attending emergencies, both when on duty or out of working hours.
· Assisting in maintaining resources to a high standard.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a professionally registered Midwife with a minimum of 3 years experience as a qualified midwife.
- Have the skills, knowledge and competence to act as a responsible, autonomous midwifery practitioner within a supportive team.
- Produce evidence of keeping skills and knowledge up-to-date by attending training courses or self study.
A clean, valid A & B driving licence is desirable.
The post is offered as either a single or accompanied status contract for two years. Benefits worth up to £50K including salary c £24,000 + food allowance, rent-free accommodation, mid-tour passage/flight, family healthcare, travel and relocation expenses.
If you would like further information about the post please contact the Senior Medical Officer on telephone number (+247) 6303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application forms (including a recruitment pack) are available from AIG’s Human Resources by telephoning 7000 extension 150 or by e-mailing email@example.com. Completed application forms should be submitted to the same email address by no later than 15 February 2013.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau or relevant Police Station.
Alan H Nicholls
Human Resources Adviser