Ascension : ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT - Vacancy Two Boats School
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 03.05.2012 (Article Archived on 17.05.2012)
The Two Boats School is looking for caring and committed people to join our team of Teaching Assistants from August 2012 or sooner.
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
Two Boats School
VACANCIES FOR TEACHING ASSISTANTS, FULL- AND PART-TIME
The Two Boats School is looking for caring and committed people to join our team of Teaching Assistants from August 2012 or sooner. Teaching Assistants are deployed in a variety of changing roles and are expected to be flexible and ready to learn new skills.
The work includes
- Supporting teachers in Early Years Foundation Stage classes
- Assisting teachers with planning and preparation
- Developing educational resources and displays
- Supervising activities including educational visits
- Attending meetings and liaising with parents
- Helping individual students with Special Educational Needs access the curriculum
- Ensuring their welfare
- Delivering specific intervention programmes
At this time we are particularly interested in hearing from:
Either: Experienced early years practitioners appropriately qualified to at least level 2
Or: Candidates with level 2 English and Maths qualifications interested in supporting students with Special Educational Needs in the secondary sector.
AIG and Two Boats School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An appropriate criminal records check will be required.
We can offer you
- A friendly, supportive work place.
- The opportunity to work with the most exciting people on Ascension (the children!)
- Training and development opportunities suitable to your needs and experience.
Salary Grade 3 in the range £6097 - £9670 (pro rata) will depend upon qualifications and experience. The posts are offered as Household Status Contracts for two years (only suitable for a person who is already living on Ascension as a member of an accompanied status employee’s household), however Single Status with accommodation will be considered for an exceptional candidate bringing new expertise to the school. If engaged on single status an allowance of £2825 per annum will also be payable.
Before applying for the post please feel free to contact the Headteacher David Blunt at the school on 6155 for an informal chat about the post so that you have a good understanding of the role and what will be expected of you or email email@example.com.
Application forms are available from the Administrator’s Office by telephoning (247) 7000 ext 131 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Adviser by hand/post or on fax number 00 (247) 6152 or e-mail email@example.com by no later than 14th May 2012.
A H Nicholls
Human Resources Adviser