Ascension : ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT - Vacancy For Jubilee Co-Ordinator
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 08.03.2012 (Article Archived on 22.03.2012)
The Administrator of Ascension Island is seeking to recruit a motivated, results orientated individual
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
VACANCY FOR JUBILEE CO-ORDINATOR
The Administrator of Ascension Island is seeking to recruit a motivated, results orientated individual with solid organisational skills to co-ordinate and organise the Island’s celebrations of Her Majesty the Queen’s Jubilee in May and June 2012. The position is for 4 months only - ending on 3 June 2012.
Core Tasks to be Achieved
· To organise or co-ordinate the following events in relation to the Jubilee celebrations over the Jubilee weekend (2-5 June) including a service at St Mary’s Church, a street party for Island residents, a Jubilee beacon on Long Beach, Football Match on Long Beach Pitch and other community events
· To liaise with the St Mary’s Church authorities to ensure synergy with their organisation of the Ascension Day Fair on 2 June.
· To organise the Queen’s Birthday Party on 16 June.
· To organise an Investiture Ceremony in late May for recipients of the Jubilee Medal.
· To organise the funds and purchase of a permanent monument to mark HM’s Jubilee.
· To co-ordinate the Jubilee Organisation Committee and through it ensure maximum involvement in activities by the employing organisations, volunteer groups, the private sector including the members clubs, media and children.
If you are interested in finding out more about the position, please contact the Administrator, Colin Wells, on 7000 ext 100 or by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is only available for people of household status on Ascension Island.
Application forms are available from the Administrator’s Office by telephoning (247) 7000 ext 131 or emailing email@example.com.
Completed forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Adviser by hand/post or on fax number 00 (247) 6152 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12th March 2012.
Ascension Island5 March 2012