Ascension : ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT - Job Vacancy - Plumber
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 26.01.2012 (Article Archived on 09.02.2012)
A position of Plumber has become available with the Ascension Island Government
A position of Plumber has become available with the Ascension Island Government. The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a highly motivated person with a willingness to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the job including out-of-hours work when necessary.
The principal duties of the post are:
· To install, repair and maintain domestic and industrial plumbing for AIG and any other organisation that may use its services.
· To clear blocked drains, sinks, waste pipes, sewage lines and grease traps.
· The installation and repairs of sewage lines.
· To assist with the maintenance of the sewage farms and swimming pools.
· To assist other Tradesmen when required.
· To carry out stevedore duties as a core function.
· To participate in an on-call roster outside normal working hours.
The successful candidate must:
· Have prior experience as a competent plumber and gained a qualification or certificate of competency in this trade.
· Have working knowledge of Health & Safety at Work.
· Have the ability to work cooperatively with other trades.
· Have a calm and professional approach when under pressure.
· Be able to keep daily records of jobs undertaken.
· Have analytical and problem solving skills.
· Hold a clean, valid driver's licence of Classes A and B.
· Have interpersonal skills to establish confident and effective relationship with colleagues, and customers.
A competitive salary will be paid. The successful candidate will also receive: rent free accommodation, utility allowances, mid-tour passage/flight, a gratuity on completion of 2 year contract, free medical and primary dental treatment and generous baggage allowances. The post is offered as single status and an allowance of £2,797.00 per annum will be paid.
Further information about the post is available from the Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Team Leader on telephone number (+247) 6138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Application forms and a copy of the Job Description are available from the Administrator’s Office by telephoning (+247) 7000 ext 131 or emailing email@example.com.
Completed forms should be sent to the Director of Resources on fax number +247 6152 or by email to Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 03rd February 2012.
Ag Director of Resources
19 January 2012