Ascension : ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT - Job Vacancy - Building and Civils project manager
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 26.01.2012 (Article Archived on 09.02.2012)
The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a dynamic professional person to fill the post of Building and Civil Engineering Project manager (EDF 10) for a 3 month Period.
The Ascension Island Government is seeking to recruit a dynamic professional person to fill the post of Building and Civil Engineering Project manager (EDF 10) for a 3 month Period. The principal job purpose is to lead and manage the EDF10 roads project.
Duties of the post include:
- To lead the EDF10 roads team to deliver the project as per the project milestones.
- Assist with design, planning and co-ordination of the management of the estate as required.
- Carry out on site inspections and deliver progress reports for the EDF project and as required for the estate
- Carry out building and Civils surveys of the roads, structures and buildings
- Identify B&CE issues and Provide recommendations for remedial works to the Directors
- Write and amend specifications as required
- Update working drawings for the EDF Project on AutoCAD
- Manage and review the EDF Project Plan using Microsoft projects and regularly update the directors.
- Deliver the EDF project safely, developing a construction Health and safety plan.
- Carry out ship work and other reasonable overtime duties as and when required.
- To undertake any other related duties as and when requested by the Director of Operations.
The successful candidate will be a Building and Civils project manager with design capability and experience of managing teams of directly employed labour to successfully deliver B&CE projects.
A 3-Month contract will be offered and the successful candidate will be expected to take up post as soon as possible.
Further information about the post is available from Patsy Moyce on telephone number (00 247) 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are available from the Administrator’s Office by telephoning (247) 7000 ext 132 or emailing email@example.com
Completed forms should be submitted to Patsy Moyce, on fax number +247 6152 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 2nd February 2012.