Ascension : VACANCY ELECTRICAL FITTER (General Engineering)
Submitted by The Islander (Islander Editors) 22.12.2011 (Article Archived on 05.01.2012)
Serco Defence, Science and Nuclear have a vacancy for an Electrical Fitter to work in the General Engineering Section.
Role: Serco Defence, Science and Nuclear have a vacancy for an Electrical Fitter to work in the General Engineering Section.
Location: Airhead, Ascension Island.
Hours: The post will entail working 40 hours per week.
The post is unaccompanied status
Main duties, responsibilities and personal qualities are,
- Possess an in depth knowledge of aircraft power generators ranging from single up to 3 phase.
- Work on a broad range of Aircraft Ground Support equipment from electrically powered, hydraulically operated passenger loading steps, hi light units etc
- Assist in vehicle electrical maintenance and rectification
- Conduct scheduled PAT testing on electrical equipment
- Other duties include in assisting in the ship to shore fuel transfer
· Proactive customer service skills
· Demonstrate excellent team working skills
· Possess a good standard of education
· Be IT Literate
· Be physically fit
· Hold a full Class B driving licence
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong personal values and self motivation
· Any other task within the post holders capabilities
- A competitive annual salary
- Provide free food and accommodation.
- Give you 25 Working Days Holiday and 8 days Public Holidays per Year.
- One paid holiday either to St.Helena or to the UK per year.
- An Annual Allowance paid in monthly increments towards a second holiday fare.
- Uniform and Work Clothes.
- Salary is Tax Exempt.
Should you fancy a change, relish a challenge and want to be part of a top class well motivated team then why not apply to:
Serco Defence, Science& Nuclear
Closing Date for applications: 13th January 2012