Ascension : MIDWIFE/NURSING SISTER
Submitted by The Islander (Ascension Island Government) 29.04.2010 (Article Archived on 13.05.2010)
A position of Midwife/Nursing Sister will shortly become available at the Georgetown Hospital.
ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
VACANCY – MIDWIFE/NURSING SISTER
A position of Midwife/Nursing Sister will shortly become available at the Georgetown Hospital. We are seeking to recruit a suitably experienced and qualified person to fill this position. In particular, we are looking for a friendly, flexible and self motivated individual who is seeking a new challenge and who can work well as part of a team.
The principal duties of the post include:
· The provision of good quality patient care to all patients in accordance with applicable legislation and codes of professional conduct
· Providing professional midwifery care to all pregnant women (ante-natal, during labour and post-natal) as per guidelines and Code of Practice by UKCC Nursing and Midwifery.
· Carrying out duties as instructed by the Senior Medical Officer and/or delegated staff in respective fields in order to achieve good standards of medical care to patients.
· Attending out-patient clinics and dispensing medication and treatment as prescribed by the doctors
· Attending emergencies, both when on duty or out of working hours.
· Assisting in maintaining resources to a high standard.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a UK or St.Helena or South African Registered Nurse/Midwife with a minimum of 3 years experience as a qualified midwife.
- Have the skills, knowledge and competence to act as a responsible, autonomous midwifery practitioner within a supportive team.
- Produce evidence of keeping skills and knowledge up-to-date by attending training courses or self study.
A clean, valid A & B driving licence is desirable.
The job is graded at Level 8 with a minimum and maximum salary band of £12,572 - £18,960 (before tax) per annum. The successful applicant’s salary will fall within this salary band and will depend upon qualifications and experience. In addition to the salary, an appropriate Ascension allowance will be paid. Accommodation will be provided.
Further information about the post is available from the Senior Medical Officer on telephone number (+247) 6303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Application forms and a copy of the Job Description are available from the Administrator’s Office by telephoning (+247) 7000 ext 131 or emailing email@example.com.
Completed forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager on fax number +247 6152 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 14 May 2010.
Alan H Nicholls
Human Resources Manager
26 April 2010