Ascension : Motor Transport Driver/Fitter
Submitted by The Islander (Gavin Yon) 08.03.2007 (Article Archived on 22.03.2007)
Serco Defence, Science and Technology has a vacancy for an experienced motor transport driver/fitter to join the team operating general and specialist vehicles in support of airhead operations.
Want to join a good team?
Want to improve your skills?
Motor Transport Driver/Fitter
Serco Defence, Science and Technology has a vacancy for an experienced motor transport driver/fitter to join the team operating general and specialist vehicles in support of airhead operations. Applicants should be aware they would be on-call some weeks and may be required to work flexible hours with some weekends and public holidays. The post is of unaccompanied status.
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive, tax paid annual salary based on experience.
- A salary increase following a successful 3-month probationary period.
- Free food and accommodation
- 25 working days holiday and 8 days public holiday per year
- One paid holiday fare to either the UK or St Helena per year
- An annual allowance paid in monthly increments towards a second holiday fare
- Uniform and working clothes
Interested candidates will need to:
· Have driver and mechanical experience
· Have a good standard of education
· Have a calm, confident manner and temperament
· Be confident and flexible in attitude
· Be physically fit
· Be willing to learn
· Have excellent team working skills
· Hold at least a B1 driving licence
· Be prepared to undergo a security clearance check.
So, if you think you have the necessary qualities and skills and fancy becoming part of a top class, well-motivated team please send your CV to:
Closing date for applications 16th March 2007