Ascension : JOB VACANCY – ELECTRICIAN
Submitted by The Islander (Nathan Prince) 21.09.2006 (Article Archived on 05.10.2006)
Interserve Defence requires the services of an experienced Electrician to work on the Ascension Island Base.
The successful applicant will be expected to begin as soon as possible. Interserve will arrange travel from overseas.
- A competitive salary will be paid, overtime rates and a call out allowance where applicable.
- Hours of work are 45 hours Monday to Friday plus 5 hours on alternative Saturdays.
- The duration of the contract is 12 months unaccompanied status, during which time you may be required to work short periods in the Falkland Islands.
- Free accommodation and catering services will be provided, as will free passages to and from St Helena or the UK.
- Carry out maintenance on:
- L.V. Distribution Systems
- Hazardous Areas Systems
- Commercial and Domestic Equipment
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience
- Pass a medical examination and criminal background checks
- Work as a team member and on your own initiative
- Have a good knowledge of safe working practices
Interested persons should submit CVs or contact the Administration Office for further information:
Administration Office Tel 00 247 6339
Interserve Defence Ltd Fax 00 247 6813
Ascension Island Email Theresa.Corker-Coleman@interservefm.co.ac
Closing date for applications is 30 September 2006.